• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Celebrating Decades in the OCF Family - 10 and 20 Year Member Badge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And this just blew miy mind...

67 members have logged into the forum, just today, who have been members here over 10 years. Wow.

That's kinda amazing member retention. Even if it was for a months worth of visit stats. Tech sites seem harder to do this. Due to the volitile nature of the genre. 67 in a day is rather killer!

:thup:

Looking forward to the next badges that will be needed.

That's kinda amazing member retention. Even if it was for a months worth of visit stats. Tech sites seem harder to do this. Due to the volitile nature of the genre. 67 in a day is rather killer!

:thup:

Looking forward to the next badges that will be needed.

Even better... The real number is 80. My last search was based on people who had 10 year badges. In addition to that 67 decennial members who logged in today, there are also 13 more who logged in but we haven't found they need badges yet. They all got their badges now. :)

EDIT: 81 now, damnit, its a retirement village!

I remember when the 2500+ was the sweet buy, and when I bought an 80GB HDD because I couldn't afford the top-of-the-line 100GB, when you had to make sure you could fit Ti4400/4600 video cards in your case, when Thermalright AX-7s were the ****, solid copper SLK-600s, Delta 60x38mm 8000rpm screamers...

:cry:

Even better... The real number is 80. My last search was based on people who had 10 year badges. In addition to that 67 decennial members who logged in today, there are also 13 more who logged in but we haven't found they need badges yet. They all got their badges now. :)

EDIT: 81 now, damnit, its a retirement village!

I have to admit. That is actually an impressive amount of 'torch bearers' even for a general topic site. I can't think of any tech genre that can claim them numbers.

I chalk it up to we have a history of solid admins. There's five or six good people who held the title, that comes to mind. (Before the reign of you and mbently.)
Giving general walking orders to the moderation staff. Which keeps the torch bearers, from pulling out the pitchforks with the torches. Since a lot of sites, the old timers get cranky (read: elitist) and chase off those who might stick around long term. This site does not suffer from that. Everyone is welcome to a real life and can come back and be a tech re-noob, without feeling embarrassed about it.

Last edited:
I remember when the 2500+ was the sweet buy, and when I bought an 80GB HDD because I couldn't afford the top-of-the-line 100GB, when you had to make sure you could fit Ti4400/4600 video cards in your case, when Thermalright AX-7s were the ****, solid copper SLK-600s, Delta 60x38mm 8000rpm screamers...

Congrats on your 10 cullam3n :salute: :cool:

I just realized when I joined this site (10 years ago), I was on my brand new p2 266mhz rig my parents got me for around 1000 bux...modded the crap out of it after I joined :D

SK6+ with a 1700+ were my budget weapons of choice in those days. :)

I had one of those SLK sinks, and I barely even knew what to do with that at the time, without reading everything from you guys. :)

Should male a special 'hospice' thread for the decennials! :p

Congrats all! I hope to get there some day!

i guess i didnt realize there were so many of us "old Timers" around on a daily basis. I believe i was on my Katami 550 slot 1 in this horrible gateway and i believe it was running a 8mb card if i believe for aCAD and a 20Gb HD. If I remember it cost me a pretty penny.

I will say that is the last Intel i have owned

Wow, just realized its been almost 11 years since I first registered...back then I was in my 2nd year of college, and I think I was trying to get a Tualatin working on my trusty CUSL2-C. Eventually got it working by removing a few CPU pins and using a single strand of a parallel IDE cable wire to wrap a few pins to make the default voltage setting compatible with the motherboard. Eventually it became a 32 room network/internet server running 24/7 for 4 years. It is retired now, but it still works and I have it somewhere in the back...

And Intel says the 815E chipset was electrically incompatible with Tualatin. Hah, A little wire and pliers will fix this!

Last edited:
Back