• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Celebrating Decades in the OCF Family - 10 and 20 Year Member Badge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
don't feel bad, i was lurking without an account for maybe 5 - 7 years, maybe longer... i don't remember when i built the old Socket A system and Socket 939 system. 'Cause it was the socket A rig when i started lurking here...

Can you imagine being so old you could say you been here 20 years lol... wait . nm.

2002 wasn't really that long ago you know were not that old really ..

Can you imagine being so old you could say you been here 20 years lol... wait . nm.

2002 wasn't really that long ago you know were not that old really ..
Yeah 20 years ago I was "only" 53!

If there was one, I'd be closing in on a "Silver Anniversary", 25-year award. But then I was a member of the original forum back in 1998 or 1999.

Joining overclockers.com seems like a lifetime ago.
it kind of was like half my life ago I was just in high school. I think I joined when I got a 667 Celeron and was trying to OC it ( could have been my 1st AMD XP setup also).
Then I was hooked and the rest is history.

I found overclockers from a security forum I used to hang on bsrf.com (Black sun research facility) It was a different world back then. Thats when AMD was king for a while, You had to look through "stepping" numbers to get the best cpu's for overclocking. Putting wires from CPU pin hole to pin hole to open up the processor even more, using a graphite pen to connect the dots on the top. Going to the junkyard and getting Vega heater core to try to build a water cooling rig. I think back then Niksub and Nihilli (sp) were the mad geniuses that came up with some really cool combos.

Back then I borg'ed an entire school (I was IT) and I think I was running 10-12 pc's at home. Also had some corporate customers that allowed me to borg them as well. Arrrrggggghhhhh they be the days.

This still made me laugh. I'm an idiot! hahahaha

Last edited:
Back