• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron E1400 @ 4170MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^ Hey Opty,

Is this from that EX48-DQ6 board that had the sticker for EX38-DQ6 on it ?????

nice one :thup:
I thought I had results on this CPU but looks like I've never benched it... and I'm sure I have it somewhere in the boxes. I guess it's because most my 775 boards died or were not worth the time for benching.

I'm sorry.... I had I thought when I first asked but did not follow through with it.
The Gigabyte Web Site lists the EX38-DQ6 and the EX48-DQ6 with the same spec's. It also lists them both as having "Quad BIOS".
You can try and Update/Flash the BIOS to the EX48-DQ6. This should work unless the board does have a EX38 Chipset. From reading - they both have the same features and also the latest BIOS released on 04-24-2009. You could pull the H/S off and see which chipset you have, but from reading - both boards are the same.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/x48-motherboard-comparison,1781-6.html

I'm sorry.... I had I thought when I first asked but did not follow through with it.
The Gigabyte Web Site lists the EX38-DQ6 and the EX48-DQ6 with the same spec's. It also lists them both as having "Quad BIOS".
You can try and Update/Flash the BIOS to the EX48-DQ6. This should work unless the board does have a EX38 Chipset. From reading - they both have the same features and also the latest BIOS released on 04-24-2009. You could pull the H/S off and see which chipset you have, but from reading - both boards are the same.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/x48-motherboard-comparison,1781-6.html
That's what I found as well. I just wanted some confirmation I wasn't trippin'. I know there would be no real performance gain but I'm thinking I might get a stronger FSB. Heck it's worth a try I have a programmer and SOIP8 clip in case it's a total fail.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Woomack I was bidding on a nice P5K-E but decided to let it go favor of a sweet deal on a Z170-HD3P.

That's what I found as well. I just wanted some confirmation I wasn't trippin'. I know there would be no real performance gain but I'm thinking I might get a stronger FSB. Heck it's worth a try I have a programmer and SOIP8 clip in case it's a total fail.

^ This will give you the "Perfect Opportunity" to try out your new stuff/skills :thup: As a + you can always Flash it back :)

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Woomack I was bidding on a nice P5K-E but decided to let it go favor of a sweet deal on a Z170-HD3P.

^ My wife was looking at me crazy :screwy: (a few months ago) when I gave away my older stuff.

Back