• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check it out guys. Sleeved my PSU.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KfistoRok

Man I love the new look check out the pics. Modem beware. :p

My mess.
EndFall03 009.jpg

Little bit of the payoff.
EndFall03 010.jpg

Spread out.
EndFall03 014.jpg

Closer up.
EndFall03 015.jpg

Small end.
EndFall03 016.jpg

Looks great, but move the light. They look so much better ambient than as a lightsaber. Unless that's what you were going for, Skywalker.

wow. never seens so many pics for a sleeving job, wiosh some certain mod projects on this board had that many new pics *cough* zelda *cough*

But good job and how did the cat help you?

Looks really nice :) Might want to remove the..err..loom? or w/e that is for the 20-pin connector, and sleave that.

I'm probably gonna grab one of those mini-fit (the pins in a 20-pin connector) remover coz my fingers were getting really sore last time I took one apart w/a staple..

Keep it up :)

Fold and Frag on
Brian

KfistoRok said:
My cat Crazy. I couldn't have done it all w/o her. :D
EndFall03 041.jpg
I know somebody who's going to get promoted to senior for Christmas...

...yep, Crazy the cat. :thup:

*hypocrytical message*
You should still work on hiding that beautiful sleaving job tho, because it will kill the air flow threw your case.

/\ I'm 31C idle and my smart fan isn't that audible. So I don't think it matters.

@eobard Crazy would make a great senior. Heck of a personality. She's lovable one minute and the next she's just what her name is. Bounces all over the house and is quit entertaining. :)

Hey guys it seems that I can hear one of my wd 80 gb se spinning. Haven't noticed it before. Maybe b/c my fan isn't going as fast as before???

The only way the cabling could have screwed up is if I got the red and yellow reversed right? I tried to keep both the grounds the same. I'm pretty sure I did. Just a littel worried I did something, but I don't think so. Do I have reason to worry?

If you put +12v through the +5v connector on your hard drive the only noise you'd hear would be the noise of your smoke detector going off. It'd kill the drive within 5 seconds. I did it to a floppy once, trust me.

As long as the red and yellow wires stay where they came from, I dont see a reason to worry.(You triple-checked them, didn't you?)

Unless You've got some special power supply that seperates the grounds, most PSUs have one tie point for ground on the mainboard of the PSU.

BTW, sleek job with the light and all. I would have put the light up high in the case to make more ambient light though.
Still, a nice job just the same.

PoX Freak said:
BTW, sleek job with the light and all. I would have put the light up high in the case to make more ambient light though.
Still, a nice job just the same.

Way to steal my material, mailbox head.
/end joking

Why does it seem that a LOT of overclockers have cats?

Nice job on the sleeving. Now you might add a CC in the bottom to get a clear light on everything.

Back