• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheiftech case one day only @ newegg!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what is the difference b/t that case and the Antec 1000 AMG Plus VIew (which is what i got from newegg) besides the non view window?? it seems to me they're EXACTLY the same...except the front usb ports on the antec and the fact it's $40 more..:(

oh yeah this is a great deal, and bterry13 the chieftec case is much better looking than the case u linked to.

WiNnErPL said:
For 49 shipped that's a real good deal, not alumniunum however

Aluminum cases are over-rated if the pc is static and you have good airflow. If your a LAN player aluminum is the way to go due to the weight.

Where'd the case go? I don't see it on the front page anymore. They didn't sell out did they?!

Edit: Never mind. The link on the post still works. It was on the front page, though.

Very good deal bterry13. I would jump on it if I needed a case. this is one of the best cases around. Solid build so it will last for yrs. As for a PSU you don't really want the off brand models that normally ship with these anyway. Go for it you wont regret it.

i jumped on it, the chieftec/antec cases are pretty nice, my only gripe is theres no place for 120mm fans... but that can be fixed..

*revves dremmel*

ill finally be rid of this tiny tiny case i can barely get 2 hdds on the same cable and on the motherboard cause the cables to big...

i lan with my steel chieftec, just got some handles for when there is grass or a tough area where my caster wheels cant go :p

bterry13 said:
... Do you think this case is better than the case at the following link...

Get the Chieftec. It's sexier looking and they are built to last forever. This is especially true of the steel ones, which are very heavy and solid. This is a good deal.

Silversinksam said:
Aluminum cases are over-rated if the pc is static and you have good airflow. If your a LAN player aluminum is the way to go due to the weight.

The Chieftec's have great airflow with the bundled 2-3 fans; this one has 4 preset slots for 80mm fans. The only problem with the steel ones is the weight -- they are heavy. The aluminum ones are super light, but they are not as "solid". I also think the steel ones are quieter.

I bought the blue one on special. Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking for this case with a window, but for $50, I figured I would install the window myself.

Another thing: If it is a "One Day Sale," why is the sale still going on? Crazy Newegg.

whooping_a_panda said:
i jumped on it, the chieftec/antec cases are pretty nice, my only gripe is theres no place for 120mm fans... but that can be fixed..

*revves dremmel*

ill finally be rid of this tiny tiny case i can barely get 2 hdds on the same cable and on the motherboard cause the cables to big...

Actuall there is plenty of room - I sold macaddict my case which I moddified with 2 side by side 80mm fans plus keeping 80mm above it in front and had 120mm blowhole on top .. and had plans for 2 on side before selling... that case rocks for mods!!!!

Back