• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Chimp Challenge 2011: Contest Rules and Important Dates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep**! Needs to be pm'd to our active folders, along with a personal invitation to join us in the CC, and when it starts and all that. Lots of our team members are not regular forum readers and every year we get members joining the race near the end, because they didn't know it was happening at all.

It's crazy, we're THE most experienced CC race team on the planet (along with MaxPC), and every year . . .

Have we got an invitation out to the other teams on Overclockers to join us? (No, it's not cheating -- it's encouraged. The more the merrier!).

And no, I don't want to be team captain. It's quite frustrating to race with 32. :bang head

** Any team that wanted to could cripple our entire team's race, using this passkey.
Don't you worry we will be just fine:thup: We stick together:grouphug: and maxpc will eat our dust!

I don't see why it needs to be private, really, as I don't think any other team is dumb/malicious enough to try and pull any stunts. Regardless, I've removed it from the post.

Please PM me for the Passkey.

I was planning on using my passkey with the T32monkeys username as I have over the last several challenges. However, that may not work this year due to changes in the way stats are maintained.

As of May 1st stats files are going to maintain each user name + passkey as a unique user. In the past all points were aggregated into the user name alone, so we could use our own passkey and points would still be collected by T32monkeys. Depending on what EOC decides to do regarding the display of stats, points may all accrue to T32monkeys, or they may accrue to T32monkeys + last two digits of the passkey. Every different passkey would result in a unique User. I don't relish having to change the passkey on all my rigs, but unless someone knows how EOC is going to aggregate User Name/passkey/points, it will have to be done.

I was planning on using my passkey with the T32monkeys username as I have over the last several challenges. However, that may not work this year due to changes in the way stats are maintained.

As of May 1st stats files are going to maintain each user name + passkey as a unique user. In the past all points were aggregated into the user name alone, so we could use our own passkey and points would still be collected by T32monkeys. Depending on what EOC decides to do regarding the display of stats, points may all accrue to T32monkeys, or they may accrue to T32monkeys + last two digits of the passkey. Every different passkey would result in a unique User. I don't relish having to change the passkey on all my rigs, but unless someone knows how EOC is going to aggregate User Name/passkey/points, it will have to be done.

So we should be able to test it on the 1st then Chas? Use the T32monkeys name and our own passkey. See what it spits out.

Besides that, I'll volunteer to rack up 10 smp Wu's on that new password(advmethods Smp not bigadv). That would make it ready for all of us then correct?

If Sony gets the Playstation Network back up, my PS3 should be good for about 900 ppd or 9000 points over the span of the contest. That's good for about 0.008159335769536222 Chimps! (It looks bigger if I print all of the digits out. :p )

I'm in!

Don't we want to keep this private?

** Any team that wanted to could cripple our entire team's race, using this passkey.

I don't see why it needs to be private, really, as I don't think any other team is dumb/malicious enough to try and pull any stunts. Regardless, I've removed it from the post.

Please PM me for the Passkey.

For what it's worth, we kept the passkeys private last year too, but made them public this year.

Even if another team were to try and sabotage it (which is incredibly unlikely), we think that enough WUs were done last year that the success rate would still be over 80%.

You are always welcome to come join us on Team 32, for some World class folding pride. ;)

I second that, it's where us Irish people belong ;)

:screwy:

Prof. Pande did say in his blog that the old system would still be available to use. As long as we make sure the stats guys continue using the current method, we shouldn't have a problem. :)

Hey guys,

I am going to to bring my usual 40kppd with a little bit of a boost. Just picked up two more 9800GT for cheap thanks to CompUSA. Once i get those burned in I will overclock them to maximize my PPD. Should see at least a consistent 50k once all my systems are up and running!!

I'm confused over which passkey we are using (the one that was posted and removed now?), some other key or does it even matter as long as it's been registered to T32monkeys?

Can we start folding for the monkeys at anytime, or do we have to wait until the beginning of the contest?

If we should wait unit the beginning of the contest and are currently folding under another name and the beginning of the contest arrives mid work unit is it ok to switch the client over, or should we wait until the partial unit is finished under the original name then switch to T32monkeys?

Regarding the PASSKEY: You can use your own passkey (assigned to your email address and to T32monkeys) and it should track just fine. The reason I'm suggesting to use the same passkey is that in the future stats will be split up per passkey, although I don't know exactly what shape this will take.

Using a communal passkey means that we only need to complete the 10 workunits once which we will do before the contest starts. That way, bigadv bonuses will be applied from the very start, saving each bigadv folder from having to crunch the ten work units each before getting bigadv bonuses

So using the T32 passkey is not necessary. Is there any advantage to using it? If not I'll stick with mine.

And I can't recall - do WU gets submitted to the folder they were downloaded with or the one they finished with? Asking if I should change my folding name early just to be safe or if doing so right before the start of the contest will work.

If your folding smp or bigadv then the passkey is required to recieve the bonus.

GPU and Single thread CPU clients (there has been talk of giving bonus for single clients and GPU but I don't think they have yet) don't receive the bonus so they don't require the passkey.

If you are folding bigadv, please ask me for the passkey.

Otherwise, feel free to use your own.

I'd switch names early, personally, just to be on the safe side.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Chimp Challenge Stats Page - Powered by Hardware Canucks is good to go!

URL: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/chimp_challenge/2011//

There are still a few minor changes to be made, and we are still tweaking the charts over the weekend. Currently the "Chimp Points" chart is not displaying until we finalize a few things, but like I said, that should be completed by the end of the weekend.

Also, this year you can reserve your chat name in the Smack Talk Box, so we shouldn't have any troubles with user impersonation - just follow the brief instructions to create a profile. Also, tweet the word out! Get your friends involved!

This year should be plently of fun :attn:

Cheers and see you on the battlefield :fight:

Last edited:
Back