• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chipped PEP66 Copper Insert

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrankMasterFlash

Is it bad that I have a couple small chips in the bottom of the pep66 or will Arctic Silver II fill in the holes or do I have to lap it?
I can't seem to clean it any better with alcohol, is there any thing that could clean it better? Toilet bowl cleaner? Something that won't harm it.

Artic silver will probabally do it's job here, I don't recomend lapping alphas as the copper bit isn't so much an insert as a layer, not like the big block you get on the taisol 760

Just leave it, the alpha is smooth enough even with the nick. From what I see it doesn't look deep at all. You should see the bottom of my fop38 you can see the impression left by my core. The bottom of the heatsink actually says Duron 600. I should get a picture of it when I have it off.

Thanks, I did not want to lap it because of the softness of copper. I thought it wouldn't be a problem but I wanted to make sure.

Back