• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clueless

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hexen

Hello everyone, and good morning/evening/night.

I just started folding around last week, and I'm
a little confused on my % increases on my work.
To test it, I left this PC on last night until today
for around 11 solid hours. My work process
only went from 0% to 18%. Is this a glitch in my
version of the software, or does it literally take
days to finish off a protein? (The WU was 400)

Thanks everyone, and have a good one :beer:

it takes days to finish protiens, what chip are you running? a 1 gig athelon takes 2-3 days on a 400 framer. Dont worry the people with massive point levels have massive numbers of puters.

Well I'm currently running a 1.8Ghz Pentium 4.
(It says it's a Celeron, and a Pentium 4... )
Willamette cores =/ bleh. But thanks for the info!
I'll continue Folding then and I'll see how it comes
out.

Note: "Currently running". Planning on building my AMD system within a 2 month period (buying parts every week). I should be running 2.0Ghz+ then.

What protein are you folding? p###? Certain proteins take a long time to complete, but are worth a lot of points as a result.

(edit) If it is a Gromacs protein, do you using the -advmethods flag which takes advantage of your CPU's SSE.

Edward2 said:
(edit) If it is a Gromacs protein, do you using the -advmethods flag which takes advantage of your CPU's SSE.

Couldnt have been a GROMACS' core, none of the GROMACS' have more than 100 frames.

But welcome to the fold, and dont worry Willy's are hard to fold on, they can do well on GROMACS, thats what the one next to me used to do before a power accident (really unstable now, but it wlll browse net and do office apps)....

Looks like a "Tinker" Here will show you the protiens, worth, etc.

Make sure you have the advmethods & forceasm flags on, sort of like this in your shortcut properties-- "D:\Program Files\F@H2\FAH3.25-Console-beta.exe" -advmethods -forceasm

Back