• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Cold Cathode Light Mod Question !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Guys plan to install some Cold Cathodes on my casing :D

Thing is , what is actually UV color :shrug: ? I see online its Purple like.

But it seem its not bright as other normal colors like Blue , Red , White etc.

So what's the point actually ?

Guys plan to install some Cold Cathodes on my casing :D

Thing is , what is actually UV color :shrug: ? I see online its Purple like.

But it seem its not bright as other normal colors like Blue , Red , White etc.

So what's the point actually ?

the human eye can't see UV light, so what you're really talking about is a blacklight

You use blacklight to make use of fluorescence. In short you'll use something that fluoresces, to light up independent of the light. I put some red fluorescing additive into the water of someone's waterloop once, made his clear tubing light up almost neon red, when the ligth was off and normal lights were on, his tubing was clear again. it's a pretty cool effect. We ended up painting the tops of his capacitors with a similar fluorescing paint, so his whole mb would light up too. It was a really cool effect.

Last edited:
You mean things like this then ??

In that case i can't get UV , i must get Blue ones then , since i installing them outside my case , its pointless to install inside since my 400R doesn't have side windows.

UV appears purple cause its wavelength is closest to purple, true UV cannot be seen by the human eye. We use UV light most of the time cause we have UV-reactive Tubes that glows under UV, and that makes a pretty cool effect.

Anyone here seen or uses Sunbeam / Lamptron Dual CCFL Kit ??

Do they come with sound module ?? I can't really get the correct info online , some unboxing i saw it seems like they come with it , some no......

Also if it does come with sound module , must i use it , can i on off the sound activated ??

Back