• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cold plate question .............

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

opticle

Registered
Will i drop the temp of my processor if a add a copper cold plate to my cooling system. Right now my copper water block is in direct contact with my CPU core with nothing in between. I read some where that adding a plate reduces the temps even further is this true ? ? Has anyone trid this and if so what are the results ?

Thanx for any info :D

You would only use a cold plate when using a pelt. You sandwich the pelt between the water block and the cold plate and then the cold plate is installed directly on the CPU. The cold side of the pelt removes all the heat from the cold plate and allows more heat to be transfered to it from the CPU. The water block is then used to dissipate heat from the hot side of the pelt.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

No, its not true.

If you use a cold plate you should put a peltier between the block and the coldplate. A coldplate all by itself it just adding resistance.

The goal is getting the heat off of the CPU and into the water. A coldplate by itself will ruin your temps.

Back