• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Command line client!???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KLowD9x

Can someone help me make the command line client be hidden when it starts up? Im tired of seeing it in my start menu jus takin up space and lookin ugly with that MSDos icon! 'preciate it

I already have that, but you have to click hide everytime. Is there any way to make it where you dont even have to push anything? so I can leave my computer and run my hl server and keep my desktop clean without worry?

Yeah, find a program called SETI_Control.
With that you can install the CLI as a Service under Windows NT,
2000, or XP. Basically it just starts with windows as if it was
part of it.

I used it at work when I didn't want my boss to see why I
really had 3 systems under my bench! LOL

SETIHider will work also.....It depends on what you want to see in your workspace. If you don't mind two icons in your taskbar then follow the instructions. If you don't want to see no icon then use SETIHider or the SETI-Control service shown in this thread.

If you want it to start automatically when you boot up and you don't want to see anything on the desktop or toolbar you need to run it as a service. In that case use seti control.

You can turn ANY program into a tool tray icon with "tray it!"... a shareware proggy found here--really a good program for a lot of things besides SETI...

Back