• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

condensation question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, but at some point, unless you watercool absolutely everything in the case, you're gonna need fresh air.

Besides... The dust bunny population would severly decline due to the sharp decrease in them not doing something I can't say here!

rogerdugans

I found out the same thing my first watercooling setup. It looked horrible and the HC just hung out of the case on the floor.

Then again it was oh so beautiful because no matter the ambient temp everything would run. Everything would overclock more and still run. We could all sleep at night without the whine of the loudest thing I've ever heard... Dragon Orb 3 with a no label 6K screamer, OR the 80mm super high speed sunon that replaced it.

I prefer verything in the case of the computer, but you have to admit some of those Tag-a-long boxes these guys are building and throwing way over yonder are great! I mean the simple ability to throw the radiator out a window and compensate for the summer heat by actually using the small gains you can get by having massive amount of airflow through a HC which normally serve no purpose other than annoying our arses!

Oh and btw.

Didn't I mention before that silica gel would never be able to gobble up all the water in a case?

You're frgetting that by cooling below or around ambient, another side effect is also increasing the amount of water vapor in the case.

Try it if you want... I'm simply telling you it won't work and allow you to cool any lower without condensation.

That and you're about to waste some mega big money into silica gel packs you can reuse in the oven.

Back