• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering this card from Newegg...need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chum

VGA Chipset Detail Specification.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEADTEK WINFAST A280 GEFORCE4 TI 4200 128MB VGA & TV-OUT, DVI-OUT & VIVO.AGP 8X RETAIL BOX Specifications:
Features VIVO (video in/video out) and 128MB RAM
Chipset: Nvidia 256-bit GeForce4 Ti 4200
RAM:128MB fast DDR Memory
Core Clock/Memory clock: 250/500 MHz
8 GB/sec Memory Bandwidth
4.4 Billion AA samples per second fill rate
Integrated 350MHz RAMDAC, resolution up to 2048x1536, True Color @ 60Hz
Comprehensive AGP 8X support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chipset Name:
Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4200
Technical Name: NV 25
Clock Speed: 225 MHz
AGP Speed: 4X
Key Features: nfiniteFX II AA
Pixels/Texels per second:
900/1800
Triangles Per second:
Interface:
128 bit
Speed: 500 MHz (DDR)
Band Width:
8.0 GB/S

Notice it says 8X at top and 4X in the specs?

I have a Tyan Trinity 400 mobo that is only 2X-4X compliant...
AGP version 2.0...

Will my mobo support this card...do not think I can get a refund from Newegg if this happens...so I'm scared to take the plunge!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! Yeah I like this mobo...does not OC, but it looks like I can Oc' the new vid card alot from reading the reviews!

What was the price if you dont mind. Over in the Sunny UK they are going for around £120. My MSI TI4200 128DDR was £135 2 months ago and it as been a very good buy.

Go get the new card you dont know what you are missing. : )

LoopyLee-C said:
What was the price if you dont mind. Over in the Sunny UK they are going for around £120. My MSI TI4200 128DDR was £135 2 months ago and it as been a very good buy.

Go get the new card you dont know what you are missing. : )

$165.00

Back