• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling AGPs that normaly dont have heatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you have a Vreg or a mem chip that needs cooled you get Artic Clean to clean the chip spotlessly. Then you buy Sekisui TTape.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Fans-Heatsinks-Cooling-/42000/i.html?_nkw=sekisui+thermal+tape

You then mount the heasink you want to use to the tape.

Gonna be hard to find waterblocks for a GPU chip that's better than the supplied one on the card. It's old tech and not a lot of solutions except see what you can do.

Newark and DigiKey have lots of heats sinks in millions of configurations you can buy.

oh im not gonig to use water cooling and unsure how the tape will cool the gpu
and would perfer not to buy a heatsink for 10s if not 100s of gpus
zip tie idea is not bad only some Gpus dont have heatsinks so it may not have holes to tie
would a clamp not work? this is for short time maybe 2-3 hours varys on how fast i can bench them

EDIT why are you below me? i posted after you did.
and think a C clamp with maybe a paper towel for padding on the back where it touchs the gpu?

Last edited:
You could probably do the same thing I always do to older cards when fans on the heatsinks die. I find another card's heatsink, get a small fan, or random CPU cooler, and zip tie it on there. Works well. Sometimes better than stock.

Back