• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling of my video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

Should I take any extraordinary means to cool my video card? See sig to see my video card. Should I cool it with another fan? I have good temps...

How would I find the temps of it?

you dont need to, especially if u dont plan on overclocking it a ton. and to find the temps of a vid card u will need to get a temp probe and touch it to the gpu core. it would be nice if there was a themometer built in but there isnt.

You could and if cost is a factor and you just want to go with some relatively cheap cooling...watch for Mr. B's article on the front page sometime today. It should be up today...he has a pretty good idea if you just want that "extra" little bit but you don't want to take your card apart.

I'm interested too :)
coz on my Radeon 7500, I'm still trying to understand who is the manufacturer, no S/N, Code or Brand!, only the Powered by ATI label, there's a BlueOrb clone, but doesn't seems to cool properly, coz the VidCard doesn't wanna OC, but freeze.
I've just lapped the HS and used AS II instead of generic paste without significative results, so I'm thinking to a CrystalOrb, with the copper bottom, even if nicheled, or an extreme solution like the Alpha Pal15U :D

P.S. I've used R3DTweak to OC.

Last edited:
Take a peek at this thread.... http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71117

This is the "Reader's Digest Condensed version" of the article I submitted to Joe and Ed for the Front Page.

Really simple mod, very easy and safe to do, but uses one fairly uncommon component (the mount itself). I've got a link to a supplier (also included in the article), if you think this might just work for you.

Cheers!

Mr B

I've tryed to OC a Radeon 7000 32MB DDR AGP card also and It's got extra cooling but whenever I OC it only freezes :??

id just throw a good lapped Corb or Borb on it with some AS2 if you are real worried about it. I got my Gf2 Pro 200/400 @ 250/465 using a VERY crappy lapped Blord and AS2 and it runs all day long.

Garfield said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the GPU Clock?

The processor on your graphics card's speed. My video processor (GPU) runs at 295MHz, and my RAM is running at 290x2 (DDR) so my sig reflects 295/580.

The Doors said:
I'm interested too :)
coz on my Radeon 7500, I'm still trying to understand who is the manufacturer, no S/N, Code or Brand!, only the Powered by ATI label, there's a BlueOrb clone, but doesn't seems to cool properly, coz the VidCard doesn't wanna OC, but freeze.
I've just lapped the HS and used AS II instead of generic paste without significative results, so I'm thinking to a CrystalOrb, with the copper bottom, even if nicheled, or an extreme solution like the Alpha Pal15U :D

P.S. I've used R3DTweak to OC.

Is the PCB blue? If it is, it's probably a hercules card. I have a Geforce 3 from them, but they no longer maky Geforce series, only Radeon. Here is a pic of my Hercules Prophet 3 (still damaged...)
cardswif.jpg

Thats a Swiftech MC462-A Epoxied on.

AntmanMike said:
Is the PCB blue? If it is, it's probably a hercules card. I have a Geforce 3 from them, but they no longer maky Geforce series, only Radeon. Here is a pic of my Hercules Prophet 3 (still damaged...)

Yest, it's blue, but no mention at all about Hercules on the card or on the box :confused: and about your mod, well, it's really Cool!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Garfield said:
The PCB is what? I see that on my motherboard too. What does that do?

Printed Circuit Board. The PCB is the actual board that all of the capacitors, processors, RAM, etc. are mounted on. You'll also note that the paths to and from each component are printed on-board. You already knew that, though.

Back