• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair PC2400 inquiry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HotDogg

Registered
I've been looking into DDR memory options. I've run into some Corsair modules listed as PC2400 (I know that isn't an official spec). In anyone's experience is this stuff worth the premium over the PC2100 variety?

well there Iron Chef, i have some Mushkin pc2400, and it is rated at 150 so u can gaureentee a improvement over pc2100, and pc2400 will handle 300mb second more tranfer rate.

I would also like to know....
I'll order 2 sticks right now if I could be assured that the prob is fixed...

I've already got someone who wants my pc2100 stuff!!!!!

Does the Micron stuff have the same issues????
And, performance wise will the Micron push as far as the Corsair(FSB)??

There is 15.00 differance between the micron and the corsair per 256 meg stick.

If the Micron is 100% compat with the KG7-RAID....AND will go higher FSB than the Corsair..then it's a done deal!!!!

I just added another crucial 256 to my pc today now I am running 2x256mb @ 155mhz on a epox 8k7a.
The crucial and the corsair both use the same 7.5ns micron memory chips.
I did add the thermaltake memory coolers to them.
Cant beat the extra % off using the link in cyber deals and free shipping.

I dont believe micron has the same problem,as far as if you'll get the same proformance i dont see why not..but in my opinion i wouldn't bother switching look at how well placid is doing with his...just my opinion though:D

Back