• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair PC3500 Platinum!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am using a 512MB stick of Corsair XMS3500 Platinum (CMX512-3500C2) and it will run here (442 MHz data rate) using 3/4 divider and 2,6,2,2 timings w/enhanced on @ 2.9V

That's on a 165 fsb w/2.8 GHz and IT7 Max 2..

Corsair guarantees the following settings w/ XMS3500:
Memory bus speed: 2x217 MHz
CAS latency: 2.0 clock cycles
RAS precharge: 3 cycles
RAS-to-CAS delay: 3 cycles
RAS active to precharge: 7 cycles
Command rate: 1T (1 cycle)
Population: 1 module/system

Here is some Qualification and Testing info.

Last edited:
hm... I WANT SOME!

but i dont have the money =(((

meh... i remeber getting my first computer for christmas/B-day... 1000 Dollars for 100Mhz AMD! now i couldnt sell that for a dollar! (well... maybe)

but man did it run Quake really well! and minesweep too! even solitare:D :eh?: :D but it ran 486 games like tanks way too fast =( coulnt even play em, cuyzthey didnt have a framerate limitor or somting.. ahh the good old days

RAM GUY
Corsair Product God

Post ID #: 37883

Thank you for your support of our products,
The only difference is the heat spreader
The part ending with PT has a platinum Heat spreader
And with out has our Black heat spreader.
Ram Guy

Thread link

Official Corair Forum

Kato said:
This is supposed to be the second batch of PC3500, I read on their forums the first batch were having some problem.

I looked for over an hour, never found this info. Can you link me?

:)

It was from this thread . People were having problem running their 3500 at 200fsb with aggressive timing, and even found that the 3200 can run more aggressively in lower fsb.
The had a huge debate with RamGuy, and at the end forced Corsair to retest the 3500 with some timing we are familiar with, such as the one in KD7. And I've yet to see some complain to the platium edition yet(although just the colour is different, but it did just released recently), so I think this is the second batch they sent out, with the bugs taken out. Its just my opinion though;)

OC-Master said:
Corsair PC3500 Platinum!

Best Comp has this memory in now and they want $399 CA for it. It has 512MB on it and they garantee 500MHz at CL2.5 or 434MHz at CL2 with 1T timings.

This has got to be the fastest memory on the planet to date!

OC-Master
where is oc master? i wanna hear more about this 500 ddr! im not impressed at all by harsh timings at 400 DDR the 3200 can already do that. 3500 is sopposed to a lower ns rated ram. my 3200 is toping at 460 DDR and my cpu can run at a speed that would take me to 508 DDR so id love to hear any info you guys have about HIGH speeds

Back