• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu burn in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Myth or real, I don't care. What I do care about is results. I could not get get my 1.1a to boot up past 122 with any amount of volatge for the first week I had it. I lowered the FSB to 66, raised the voltage (after the wire trick) to 1.775, and ran several burning apps for about 2 days. Shut it down, let it cool off, rebooted and set it to 133, and tada! I have it all the way to 142 now (either sound or network is holding me back, plus temps). Burning a chip in, to me, is stretching that chip's headroom, allowing me to more easily o/c it, with less effort. And out of one chip that it hasn't worked with, there are 300 that it has.

Some time ago we had a forum member that was actually an Intel Engineer that did all the cpu development. He said there is absolutely no such thing as "cpu burn in".

No offense, but I don't think Intel (or AMD, for that matter) would ever officially admit to something like that, especially on an overclocking site...:rolleyes:

Back