• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu cook time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Logans.mother

Registered
I need help because i know not what i do. Stock speed is 2.0 gig at 39*c idle
-External clock at 133
-CPU multiplier at 15X fixed
-CPU/DRAM ratio set to auto
-AGP bus 66 mhz

voltages are
-CPU 1.6
-DDR 2.6
-AGP 1.5
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right now i over clocked to 2.22 running stable 42*c idle

-External clock at 148
-CPU/DRAM auto
-AGP bus 70 mhz

Voltages are
-CPU 1.7
-DDR 2.6
-AGP 1.7
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed options
-External clock at 150 <----- windows crashes apps fail at voltage CPU 1.6 at CPU voltage 1.7 windows runs stable
but my games crash every time
-CPU/DRAM auto
-AGP bus 66 mhz

Voltages are
-CPU 1.7
-DDR 2.6
-AGP 1.7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Heatskink is thermaktake extream 80m fan my temps are cool
Ram is 512 mb DDR PC3200 (DDR400 200mhz)
PSU is 350W
MOBO NF7 a-bit
CPU athlon (tm)xp 2400+

(a) so given the options here can i got past 2.2gigs stable can i max out all my voltages then up the External clock to 150
again or with puting my voltages to high harm my sys.

(b) So far i know what the external clock is but is it also known as the Front side bus? or is the FSB determined with the
CPU/Dram ratio because i noticed at 133 external clock it says 266 on the boot screen and at 148 external it says 300
on the boot screen

(c) the DDR pc3200 says DDR400 dose that mean 400 MAX FSB?
also it says 200 MHZ where dose that come into play

(d) What is the external clock the CPU,DDR or MOBO ?

(e) My vid card is nvidia FX 5700le 256ddr what dose the AGP bus need to be set to for max performance

Logans.mother said:
I need help because i know not what i do. Stock speed is 2.0 gig at 39*c idle
-External clock at 133
-CPU/DRAM ratio set to auto
-AGP bus 66 mhz

voltages are
-CPU 1.6
-DDR 2.6
-AGP 1.5
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right now i over clocked to 2.22 running stable 42*c idle

-External clock at 148
-CPU/DRAM auto
-AGP bus 70 mhz

Voltages are
-CPU 1.7
-DDR 2.6
-AGP 1.7
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed options
-External clock at 150 <----- windows crashes apps fail at voltage CPU 1.6 at CPU voltage 1.7 windows runs stable
but my games crash every time
-CPU/DRAM auto
-AGP bus 66 mhz

Voltages are
-CPU 1.7
-DDR 2.6
-AGP 1.7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Heatskink is thermaktake extream 80m fan my temps are cool
Ram is 512 mb DDR PC3200 (DDR400 200mhz)
PSU is 350W
MOBO NF7 a-bit
CPU athlon (tm)xp 2400+

(a) so given the options here can i got past 2.2gigs stable can i max out all my voltages then up the External clock to 150
again or with puting my voltages to high harm my sys.

(b) So far i know what the external clock is but is it also known as the Front side bus? or is the FSB determined with the
CPU/Dram ratio because i noticed at 133 external clock it says 266 on the boot screen and at 148 external it says 300
on the boot screen

(c) the DDR pc3200 says DDR400 dose that mean 400 MAX FSB?
also it says 200 MHZ where dose that come into play

(d) What is the external clock the CPU,DDR or MOBO ?

(e) My vid card is nvidia FX 5700le 256ddr what dose the AGP bus need to be set to for max performance

i wouldnt want to up the voltages any more... i think thats as far as you are gonna get with that cooling.... maybe u should tinker with the timings on your ram for more OCing...

Well, to answer a few of your questions, pc3200 is 400 fsb which is divided by 2 to get your system bus of 200mhz. Your confusing a fsb of 200 with a system bus of 200. Amd systems are double pumped, where as Intel systems are quad pumped, meaning 200 system bus is 800 fsb, still running pc3200. Clock speed times 2 is fsb, and pc3200 will go over 400 fsb, but is overclocking too, if your sure your 2400 is locked at 15, post week 39 of 2003, there is not much you can do except slowly increase system bus or clock speed. However, if it is unlocked, the thing to do is lower the multi to like 12.5 and set your clock speed at 166, which will give you 2075. close to stock speed, then start raising the clock speeds until they become unstable, then raise the vcore to stabilize. but do this using baby steps, a little at a time, and benchmark between steps Another words, dont try to go to 200 @ 15 = 3000mhz in one step. Thats going to require water cooling at least, plus volt mods.

I was asked about my PSU and GPU. i have a ENERMAX PSU 300W the 3.3 +5 gets 170watts. I have 1 case fan 1 CPU 80m fan so i dont think my case comsumes too much power my hard drives turn off in 10 min of idle to save power. I check my voltages in the bois and with A-bitEQ and they seem normal. I dont know what the gpu is. I see the chip with the fan on it called Nforce 2 ultra 400 is that the gpu? I dont know if it is. I was told that the NF7 GPU can over heat is that true?

Windows runs fine at 150,external clock X 2 = 296 FBS correct? but when i load up my game to check for stability it crashed when i start shooting and blowing stuff up. I upped the voltage on my agp but it still crashed. My multiplier is from 1-20 and is set to 15 when I change it the bios always says its 15 onthe reboot so i assume that its locked at 15. So right now i am stuck at 296 FSB (148 system buss). what could cause me to be unstable my temps are good on the CPU 39*c -48* under 99% cpu usage. I dont want to go get a new PSU if its not going to fix my dilemma also i dont think my gpu is overheating but ill check if i know what it is.

My vid card is awesome nvidia FX 5700le the heat sink runs at 29*c under max gamming load I even upped the voltage to the AGP and it still runs cold and the AGP is at 66 bus.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My last was i was running a AMD XP 1700+ fixed at 11X, MOBO was MSI kt3-ultra-2ce (Peace of crap), DDR PC2100. I over clocked to 1.6 gig for 2 years it ran at 56*c idle 62*c-66*c under load . I was stuck at the same wall i am stuck at here with my new stuff. my system bus was stuck at 148 .
So i figured if i got new stuff i would be able to get a better over clocking freq but i am stuck again.

Last edited:
ok guys i got it to work finally. I changed the ratio from auto to 5:4 and my FSB is 304 and memory buss is 240. external clock 150 is stable and 152 is some what stable but when i boot up my game it crashes so back to the wall again but this time 152 is the wall i changed the ratio again to 5:3 but it didnt work what should i do?

also why is the ratio go from 3:3 to 6:6 i had it set to 6:5 and it crashed the bios i had to clear the cmos manually. what setting you think i can get it to make 152 stable

my cpu spec

Model: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
Core: Thorton
Operating Frequency: 2GHz
FSB: 266MHz
Cache: L1/64K+64K; L2/256K
Voltage: 1.65V
Process: 0.13Micron
Socket: Socket A
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, 3DNOW!, 3DNOW!+
Packaging: OEM(Processor Only)

Model#: AXDC2400DKV3C