• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu or memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pear

Registered
I just put a computer together (in my sig) and have been having random reboots. The power supply is good so i thought I would test the ram.

I ran memtest86 v3.5 on my 2 sticks seperately and 1 stick passed with no problems, but the other stick stops almost right away with the message unexpected interupt - halting cpu0.
Is this a cpu problem or ram or something else?

One of the messages said "a problem has been detected and Windows shut down to protect your computer?
IRQ1_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Technical information
** stop ** 0x0000000A,0x000004C8,0x0000001C,0x00000001,0x8050338e
Beginning physical dump of memory
Physical dump of memory complete

Last edited:
I set the voltage to 1.65 & I aslo tried 1.70 but the same problem, I left the timings alone.

I've loaded default & optimized settings in bios (hit del button) but still did not fix it. I also cleared cmos and still same problem.

Sounds like a dead stick to me.
Rip that one out and see if windows is happy.

If you've passed one stick twice but can't get the other to pass even once then it's a memory problem. (You did test the 'good' memory stick again after the bad one failed? You should test them good/bad/then good again.). If anything else in the system were at fault it would error on both sticks.

Time for a replacement kit - hopefully RMA?

Is this the OCZ Gold you have in your sig ...?

Last edited:
I have tested both sticks repeatedly and the bad one always failed. I have sent in a request for an RMA.

Back