• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Temps @ +190F

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
acid135690 said:
I did the "finger test" on the HS and it was a little warm, I know it won't go below room temp and its about 75F in here now. I put a non-digital thermometer on the HS and left it there and saw very little change.
If your CPU was running at anything above 140F while making good contact with the heatsink, touching it would burn your finger in short order.

Yeah, touch the very, very bottom of the heatsink. If it's not hot enough to make you say "ouch" and pull your finger away, then it really isn't THAT hot.

acid135690 said:
I have heard alot of good things about the xp-120 and will get either that or the Zalman 7700-Cu.

There is a black pad on the bottom of the Intel HS and I left it on. I talked to some other computer guys on TeamSpeak and some of them said to take off the black pad and others said not to, so I didn't.

I have an ABIT AI7, this should be compatible with the xp-120. Atleast on the website it's not listed as incompatible. Im just hoping the PSU isn't in the way.

Also... what fan would be the best for COOLING for the xp-120 not noise level. I don't care what the noise level is really.
For low noise and decent cooling I heard good things about the Panaflows. For good cooling @ tolerable noise levels, either the 3-blade Delta or a Sanyo Denki. If noise is not an issue, Delta 120x38mm TFB1212GHE(this thing will not work with most fan controllers because it draws 2.45 amps) or maybe Delta 120x38mm FFB1212VHE if you want to easilly tone it down.

Actually I left the computer on all day and came home from work and touched it again. It is not extremely hot, but it is very uncomfortable to keep my finger on there long.

I ordered the Zalman 7700-Cu today.
I also talked to a guy that has one with the same CPU I have and he says he got his temps down to a max of 85°F, so I am hoping this will solve most of my problems.

Thanks for the help and if anyone has any more suggestions PLZ let me know.

I've been :bang head over this all week.

85F=29C

Very good

Those intels are pretty picky on which themal goop you use. I guess just about the ONLY thing you should use with those is AS5 or the stock thermal pad.

SONE OF A *****!!!

I was watchin some of the temps last night when all of a sudden them computer just cut off. The max temps were reading 155°F and it just shut off. I tried to turn it back on, thinking maybe it was just a power flux here at my house. But it wasn't, I unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in, turned it on, and it just came on for about a half a second.

Got to go to work now,, will update it when i get there, in a hurry now.

that sux :( i hope you get this sorted out.
my xp120 w/cheapo fan keepes my 3.4e idling @ 25C( case temp 25C also)

I feel so bad for him :(. Keep us updated when you get back to the PC.

I will be taking it down to the local computer store and have the guy there take a look at it. Just talked to him and he said it could be the PSU, CPU or MoBo.

I dont know what it will cost but I have to have it back by the time BF2 comes out.

I will have him just put it into a good standard case. He showed me some at his shop and boy are they built TOUGH. You can literally drop them (without anything in them of course) and they wont bend or fall apart. They aren't all that heavy, but they can be modded and custom painted.

Last edited:
That may be a dent in your pocket, but hopefully it's worth it. :(

Back