• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu Wont Boot!!1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orkslayer

Registered
Hey guys sorry if this is in wrong area but basically what our problem is my brother bought his computer parts yesterday and we built it slowly to make sure we didnt miss anything. we have corsair tx 650 psu, His 6850 Gpu amd phenom II 1090t chip, and the hyper 212+ cpu cooler. mobo is ma790xt-ud4p and the case is antec 900, ram is ripjaws 1600 4gb kit and when we hook it all up and power on the hyper 212+ spins for 1 sec then turns off while psu hardrives etc stay on. and computer dosent boot. im guessing its to do with the 8 pin connecetor but dunno what to do

You have the 24 pin and the PSU 24 pin connected proprly?

Don't plug the PCI 8 pin into the mobo or vice versa.

Did you test it on a table, on a carboard box with all the stuff connected before installing it?

You have the 24 pin and the PSU 24 pin connected proprly?

Don't plug the PCI 8 pin into the mobo or vice versa.

Did you test it on a table, on a carboard box with all the stuff connected before installing it?

Yep did everything you said. took it out put it on a cardoard box. still the same result. im guessing its the board considering i bought it off a mate. i guess i gotta buy a new one unless theres a safety feature on the board or something.

Yep did everything you said. took it out put it on a cardoard box. still the same result. im guessing its the board considering i bought it off a mate. i guess i gotta buy a new one unless theres a safety feature on the board or something.

think i know the trouble. im using a x6 190t chip in the board and it only supports x3 and x4... unless u update the bios but it will only support 95 watt not 125 watt. is this correct?

think i know the trouble. im using a x6 190t chip in the board and it only supports x3 and x4... unless u update the bios but it will only support 95 watt not 125 watt. is this correct?

Some motherboards can be flashed with a new BIOS to support the newer AMD X6 chips.

I'd check the specs to see what the supported TDP is. A 125W CPU will not work with a 95W capacity board.

Back