• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosshair hero vi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aliche

I need some help here if any can . got crosshair hero vi with ryzen 1800x . gpu rx 580 . ram g-skill flare x 3200 8go x 2 and my comp wont start i got struck with a code 8 and yellow light on motherboard i try every slot for ram even only 1 unplug all ssd and m2 try an other video card . try the new bios update nothing ....help plz

How did you update the BIOS if it doesn't boot? Flashback? Are you sure it worked properly? I would start by shutting down completely, pulling the battery, then hold the CMOS clr button for 30 seconds and let the PC sit for a couple hours. Put the battery back in leave all the ssd drives disconnected and see if it boots.
Flashback needs the BIOS file unzipped and renamed to C6H.CAP, put on a FAT32 formatted thumb drive in the root directory meaning not in a folder. Put it in the right USB slot on the back and hold the FB button until it starts to flash blue back there. This should speed up at some point and takes 3-5 minutes to complete. I would also recommend this BIOS file as I know it wors well. It's version 1701 from the ASUS support site http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb...32.434216311.1516027245-1959866619.1466682659

How did you update the BIOS if it doesn't boot? Flashback? Are you sure it worked properly? I would start by shutting down completely, pulling the battery, then hold the CMOS clr button for 30 seconds and let the PC sit for a couple hours. Put the battery back in leave all the ssd drives disconnected and see if it boots.
Flashback needs the BIOS file unzipped and renamed to C6H.CAP, put on a FAT32 formatted thumb drive in the root directory meaning not in a folder. Put it in the right USB slot on the back and hold the FB button until it starts to flash blue back there. This should speed up at some point and takes 3-5 minutes to complete. I would also recommend this BIOS file as I know it wors well. It's version 1701 from the ASUS support site http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb...32.434216311.1516027245-1959866619.1466682659

^ He might have already fixed the problem. Your last line is correct as it is a BIOS problem. Code 08 is a CPU microcode error. When I got my mobo in Nov, it had the BIOS from Mar. Luckily mine boot with no problem :)

I did the bios update right removed the batterie and clr cmos as well still no boot

What are you using for a CPU cooler? The CHVI has the AM3 holes but doesn't always play nice with old coolers. The brackets put an odd pressure on the socket and it won't boot.

Back