• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Crysis 3 has stopped working" error message

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ExecuteOrder66

Registered
I get this error message "crysis 3 has stopped working" error message, usually when in a loading screen or I go into the next area of the game. Either that or I black screen and freeze.
I also same black screen I get when I'm playing SW:TOR, when I first load in to the game or ESPECIALLY if I ALT+Tab and go back into the game. The problem isn't as bad with SW:TOR as it is with Crysis. SW:TOR I can just reboot, and I'm good to go for hours (unless I Alt+Tab lol). Crysis, this happens very frequently when in some sort of loading or transition area.

I'm running Windows 8 64-bit, AMD 8350 4.0Ghz, 16GB Ram, DirectX11, Radeon 7970, Displaying 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I've uninstalled all old drivers and reinstalled the newest, that didnt solve the issue. I tried installing the new beta driver, same issue. :bang head

I did some research on this issue, found a lot of people having the same issue but no real solid answer. So decided to check on here and see if anyone might be able to find a solution for me.

Ran my DxDiag and here are the notes:
------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: The file aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Sound Tab 4: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

:confused: Not sure what the above means, if anything.
I can post my full DxDiag info if requested..

Thanks all!

I'm running Crysis 3 on a ATI 7970 as well at the same resolution as you but with an intel platform and Windows 7 64bit and not having any problems... Could be an issue with Windows 8.

Have you done any stability testing on your system? If so please let us know what you have done already.

EVGA precision with the OSD server running at all causes crashes for me. I turn on server blocking, and it ran 8hrs straight no crash.

I'm running Crysis 3 on a ATI 7970 as well at the same resolution as you but with an intel platform and Windows 7 64bit and not having any problems... Could be an issue with Windows 8.

Have you done any stability testing on your system? If so please let us know what you have done already.

Apparently the message comes up right before the system is about to blue screen.
However, I ran FurMark and it seemed to handle it like a walk in the park.
My score was 3290
1920x1080
Maintained 64 degrees
1000mhz core clock
1400mhz mem clock
36FPS

That's not even with my MSI Afterburner maxed out. I ran FurMark on the same afterburner settings I use for my gaming.

So confused. lol

Back