• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DayZ standalone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Played this for about 10 hours over the past few days. First time playing.

I don't really see a point in playing after you're fully geared. You'll never die of starvation/thirst after you get a certain amount of consumables. The only thing left to do is waste time running from town to town trying to find other players to interact with. Except they don't want to interact, they're too scared you're going to kill them, so they kill you, unless you kill them first.

Eh, maybe there will be more to do in a few months.
What we have been doing is, after we get geared we go to Cherno or Elecktro and hunt bandits that are that are preying on new spawns. You won't be bored in either town lol. But I do wish there was more to do like finding and fixing vehicles, bases, etc. but that will be added in the future...

Radio's got the right idea there. but yeah in a few months they will add in lots of new loot which means a lot of upgrades weapons etc base building will be huge and of course its usually a lot of work to get a vehicle up and running.

and after all that Bandit hunting has been one of my preferred activities next to being in private servers and literally have clans that are in wars constantly killing each other for their loot or vehicles... those were good times.

Radio's got the right idea there. but yeah in a few months they will add in lots of new loot which means a lot of upgrades weapons etc base building will be huge and of course its usually a lot of work to get a vehicle up and running.

and after all that Bandit hunting has been one of my preferred activities next to being in private servers and literally have clans that are in wars constantly killing each other for their loot or vehicles... those were good times.

good times in deed :snipe:

il probably purchase this game in the not so distant future :)

I finally got around to spending some time in the standalone and I have to say its pretty good! Even with a lot of the content removed, it still manages to be entertaining (for me at least).

The new map with all the extra buildings is incredible. I too cannot wait for vehicles and tents at least to store equipment.

I finally got around to spending some time in the standalone and I have to say its pretty good! Even with a lot of the content removed, it still manages to be entertaining (for me at least).

The new map with all the extra buildings is incredible. I too cannot wait for vehicles and tents at least to store equipment.

This will also help get some new people eased into it lol learning this game from scratch is a daunting task! lol

One thing that will also help is when they start adding in more loot (Guns, food, gear, clothing) so these higher end items are harder to find. Though one thing thats bugging me is the accuracy of the M4... not talking about bullet drop but the fact the bullet seems to fly kinda wild at any distance even with pristine equipment.

Though one thing thats bugging me is the accuracy of the M4... not talking about bullet drop but the fact the bullet seems to fly kinda wild at any distance even with pristine equipment.

everyone knows m4's are inaccurate as **** irl bro. trollface.gif

Oh good sir, no bandit can out gun me. I keep four revolvers on me at all times, just because.

(Also like 5 people were on this server, so there's that):escape:

Ok so i got DayZ, and I am pretty much clueless.

I been playing for like an hour now, spent 20mins finding a server i could keep connected to.

Apart from that, what on earth is the point of this game? My ***** of a character does 3 things, get more and more sick, not a clue how to fix that, is constantly thirsty, and hungry!

This is like a tamagotchi, only worse! My god my character can whine!

you find food, eat food, find water, drink water, and survive. might wanna find some antibiotics to fix the sickness. also avoid getting hit by zombies, it makes you sick. lol

you find food, eat food, find water, drink water, and survive. might wanna find some antibiotics to fix the sickness. also avoid getting hit by zombies, it makes you sick. lol

Well I think my guy got sick from eating rotten food, took me a while to figure how to open a can.

As for antibiotics, not found any at all..:shrug:

Well I think my guy got sick from eating rotten food, took me a while to figure how to open a can.

As for antibiotics, not found any at all..:shrug:

ah yea :\ welp ya learn as you go sadly i havent even played the standalone yet, but i do know alot of stuff isnt implemented still, i hope i enjoy it as much as i did the mod.

Yep rotten food = bad... you will find some vitimans and antibiotics eventually. Just try and keep your character well fed and hydrated in the mean time. BTW anyone get on the test servers for the update?

Yep rotten food = bad... you will find some vitimans and antibiotics eventually. Just try and keep your character well fed and hydrated in the mean time. BTW anyone get on the test servers for the update?

I found vitamins, and have taken some, i drink water when i find it, and have 2 or 3 cans of soda in case, and im done eating rotten food, god cans of beans to eat, so i can run around and fart like a boss!

Was playing at night last night, makes it harder to find stuff.

As far as staying away from zombies, i only seen one, and i wacked him with my axe.

I'd love to play with people i could talk to, since most the people i find are dead, or speak Russian.

I have a few questions, and wonder if its down to it being Alpha?

1. Only settings the game remembers is the character, it wont remember my resolution nor graphics settings.

2. Last night i feel of a small roof, after that, every time i got up, the guy would get back down and crawl soon as i moved, has to quit game to get him to stand up again?

Back