• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DD-WRT Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

I have just got a Buffalo WHR-G300N_V2 that I have put DD-WRT on and I am having big problems with it.

I can only access the internet when my computers use DHCP instead of a static address.

All my settings are correct when attempting to use a static IP

My network address on my network are:

Fileserver: 192.168.1.2
Backup server: 192.168.1.3
Laser Printer: 192.168.1.4
Epson inkjet printer: 192.168.1.5
Main PC: 192.168.1.6

So on my old Belkin router I would start the DHCP server from 192.168.1.7 and everything ran smoothly.

System settings would be: IP: 192.168.1.x Subnet: 255.255.255.0 Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

Anyway, doing the same thing on the new router will not work and I cannot access the internet.

Strange thing is with the DHCP server on the router set to start at 192.168.1.7, putting the machines to use DHCP instead of static (so the internet will work) results in my main pc getting 192.168.1.18????

I really cannot work this out. Plzzzz help :bang head

Network administration by setting static IP on each machine is doing it wrong. You want the DHCP server to assign the same IP address each time. If you have to change IPs, you don't want to have to go to X systems and change them; you want to go to one configuration that does them all.

Static DHCP
DHCP_Static_Lease_GUI_-_build_15704.png

I have tried that. When I fill in all the boxes and click add it just resets to empty boxes :( I am woundering if it has to do with the switch on my router. It has a router switch that says, off, auto and on... I might try playing with that and see what happens. I am using my old router now and I'm busy online. Really wish I just tried the stock firmware first.

I only got this router as my Belkin started to drop wi-fi when using wireless-n.

I have tried that. When I fill in all the boxes and click add it just resets to empty boxes :(

The directions are in bold on that link.
Note: You must either Save or Apply the page each time you've added and filled out a new static lease. Clicking the Add button refreshes the page without saving what you entered. If you try to add multiple blank leases and fill them all out at once then you will encounter a bug that the GUI thinks they are duplicate entries.

I was only trying to add one computer at a time. My main pc as i needed to use skype and it still blanked the entry. I will mess around with it tomorro. To late now :(

But thanks for the help :thup:

Back