• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dead motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it were mine, I'd shut it down immediately and check it.
If the pin is bent over, the HSF will not sit correctly and could eventually crush or break the core.
I'd want to know for sure!!
Let's all take bets on whether it is bent or broken off!!!:D :D :D

Could have been either depending on which way it was turned, if it really was turned? Could have been that the cases were not turned the same and it momentarily SEEMED to be in wrong. Take it out without REALLY paying attention to its orientation and suddenly you are not sure..was it in wrong or not??
How many times have we read posts where just resetting the CPU was all it took to get it running??:D

Any chance we can get a map of the pins!?!?!

:eek:
WAIT A MINUTE!!!

I count at least a dozen OTHER places that HAVE NO PINS that are suppose to line up over top of areas that have no pin hole.

I don't think you could bend or break that many pins and still have a working processor.

So, we are back to what Kingslayer said.
Dude, it is 100% impossible to put the CPU in the wrong way...

Anyone else want to jump in here with their 2 cents worth????:D

Last edited:
well whatever you say : i took it out,reseated it and now it works.it looks like I was wrong about it being the wrong way around,but it definatly wasnt seated properly

Back