• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Decrease in RAC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir-Epix

I have noticed that the decrease in RAC from about a month ago is slowly going back up. Though it is no were near the peak RAC. I have a plan that may help both our SETI@home team and our Folding@home team. Since Seti does not yet use GPUs I suggest we donate video card use to the Folding team under one name AKA SETI@home, and ask for them to spare some CPU power for SETI@home.

I know that folding is currently having SMP client problems, and users are getting rather annoyed; however, it seems no one is having the GPU client errors.

I have moved a mobile 8400 GS to the folding cause under a current users account. Does anyone else think this would be a good idea? Could we have a vote here on it?

Just an idea to help out both teams, and get us ready for the King's Gaunlet.

Ive picked up almost 3k RAC this week with my new cruncher now stabilizing and should pick up at least another 3k more as it gets towards its peak.

Im working on my 2009 upgrade path, though Im not sure if Ill go q9650 or i7 940 or wait for the hexa core 55xx Xeons to hit ... the thought of running 24 workunits at a time is quite intriquing for sure that would be some massive RAC, even at stock speeds.

I'd love to donate my card, but my 7900GT probably isn't going to be of much help.

Sounds like a pretty good idea.
I had to temporarily shut down a Q6600, so my RAC is going to suffer for a bit

Anyone else having their work sit for days at a time recently? I have 10 WU's awaiting approval. Just wondering if I was missing something.

I got an interesting error earlier today ...
woah.jpg

I have noticed that the decrease in RAC from about a month ago is slowly going back up. Though it is no were near the peak RAC. I have a plan that may help both our SETI@home team and our Folding@home team. Since Seti does not yet use GPUs I suggest we donate video card use to the Folding team under one name AKA SETI@home, and ask for them to spare some CPU power for SETI@home.

I know that folding is currently having SMP client problems, and users are getting rather annoyed; however, it seems no one is having the GPU client errors.

I have moved a mobile 8400 GS to the folding cause under a current users account. Does anyone else think this would be a good idea? Could we have a vote here on it?

Just an idea to help out both teams, and get us ready for the King's Gaunlet.

That's a great idea, Sir E, but until and unless the Gauntlet rule-makers get around to "the elephant in the living room" *cheating* - it's all in vain.

You may have forgotten the "Irish way" of winning, where the cruncher dumped 1.3 million credits in a single day of the Gauntlet, but it's really soured the whole contest, imo.

"First Knight" was exciting because he was actually crunching all those work packets. The "dumper" crunched almost nothing however, using BOINC's administrative rules, to cheat.

For more info on that type of cheating, read my Scoundrel post in the "Other DC Projects", forum.

Somehow, the "Irish way" of cheating, needs to be eliminated.

Anyone else having their work sit for days at a time recently? I have 10 WU's awaiting approval. Just wondering if I was missing something.

No, that's not unusual at all. If you crunch more, you'll have even more WU's waiting to be verified. Five or 10 times that number, is not unusual, if you crunch a lot.

It's not exactly like it's waiting "approval" - it's waiting validation. Every WU gets sent out to two computers and both copies have to be crunched, returned, and agree before any credit is issued ...

Since yesterday, my WU's havent been uploading and I'm not getting any new work. Although according to the SETI@Home stats page, all servers and up and running except for a couple of splitters. Bummer, anyone know whats going on. Btw, I also noticed my RAC drop by like 300 while crunching for approximately the same amount of time per week. Strange.

The upload server was down most of the weekend so uploads might be taking a bit to go through now that the server is back online. I know between the two full time quads ive got close to 300 results to send in.

Back