• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty nF4 (Guide)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Was the board initially good, and THEN went bad?... or was it always just like that?

Mate,

It was ok I guess, but I can't really tell, because I spent a bit of time getting stable settings. I had no problems running my BH-5 at 234 2-2-2-10-1T. Didn't try to push higher as I got my TCCD by then. Suddenly, everything went haywire. Memtest errors galore on the BH-5 and TCCD errors started popping up. When my BH-5 stopped working at stock (memtest errors), I thought my RAM was bad. So I tested it out on my ASUS A8V Deluxe, no memtest errors >11 hours. Next, I started getting TCCD errors at loose settings (256 2.5-3-3-10-1T). This, after hittings 316MHz 1:1 on memtest !!

I have tried every possible BIOS and believe me, nothing was ever stable. Things got worse. Then yesterday, I started getting gazillion errors on the 2nd orange slot. THat is when I threw in the towel, packed up the board and sent it on its way to Newegg.

Did I miss something obvious?

Since this is the guide I thought I would this here.

On the board it has a power connection for the 24 pin which obviously you would connect. It also has a molex and a floppy power connection on it, should those be connected as well?

By the way I have an OCZ Powerstream 520.

I replied in that thread, but I'm not 100% sure about them either. Once you know give us a reply. I believe the floppy is for use of the 3.3vdimm+, and the Molex is for stability on OCing... not sure at all tho.

Heya never modded a mobo b4. I just read even a fat fingered fellow [could] mod it...Anan...heh. Guess i have less of an excuse now. Probably though, i'll buy a sli board (lookin hard at dfi's and a little at the msi) if i do buy one.

As to the asus board, i love it, for everything except oc'n (and not impressed with the sound; using sba 2 instead...but only works well in the first pci slot[ponders going back to turtlebeach...]). I can't do anything with it beyond 260 2T...and 245 1T isn't stable. I haven't managed to find anyone who could take it up much higher than that...although i'm sure there are a few out there who have. I really don't know why its bothering me that much...but ... i spent as much on that bloody ram as i did the mobo and i'm not getting everything i could/should be getting out of it. Grrr! Heh. Honestly i'm half considering picking up some watercooling too...if i didn't have a monthly lan party to go to... Oh well.

Well, whatever you do... TAKE YOUR TIME. If you have questions, then post them in there, but make sure you don't ask more than a few questions in one post. I've realized that when I do that only one gets answered, and it's not enough to help...

g0dM@n said:
Well, whatever you do... TAKE YOUR TIME. If you have questions, then post them in there, but make sure you don't ask more than a few questions in one post. I've realized that when I do that only one gets answered, and it's not enough to help...

I do always answer all of the questions, but if I don't know answer, that's usually when I left it without answer ;)

SirSpawn said:
Since this is the guide I thought I would this here.

On the board it has a power connection for the 24 pin which obviously you would connect. It also has a molex and a floppy power connection on it, should those be connected as well?

By the way I have an OCZ Powerstream 520.

I don't have all the possible PC hardware at home to test out which parts are compatible and which are not. And how to install different PSU's if connectors differs from "default" ATX-form. If I had, then I would post every possible issue here :)

LOL... he only wanted to know if he should hook up the floppy and molex on the board as well...

The floppy connector is necessary when you opereate in SLI mode. RGone recommends that att 3 connectors be plugged in. It can't hurt to have all 3 supplies plugged in.

They ARE there for a reason!!

Hey, Zebbo, CINCO DE MAYO??? Wanna go out drinkin'? :)

g0dM@n said:
They ARE there for a reason!!

Hey, Zebbo, CINCO DE MAYO??? Wanna go out drinkin'? :)

Of course, I just don't have no idea when I'd be on New York :D or if you're coming to Finland then let me know! :D We can take some xtreme drinking match ;) I can show you how people get drunk in here north. I don't know do you know but people here drink alot :rolleyes:

It depends who you hang out with here. I got a fat irish friend, so I learn from the best! 265lbs 5'11" lol

Ok, I heard from my friend that they don't sell a good real beer in states either? :eh?: And you'd be suprised to see how much liquor this kind of little guy can drink :D

lol for that g0dM@n, size is not everything ;)

BUT! I think I do terrorist attack to DFI's HQ soon, second DFI NF4 in and STILL NO DUAL CHANNEL! :bang head :bang head :bang head

It's probably not the board then. You have to get the right settings man. They are just a b*tch to work with... I'm going to to try out my UTT probably this weekend or later this week. I'm still back on my TCCD (as you can see in my sig).

IrishAssassin said:
Just a question, would the new cores POST on the Ultra-D without a bios flash ?
Not necessarily... I think it depends on when you bought your board. If you bought one recently or are planning on buying a new one them I'm sure it will, though.

g0dM@n said:
Not necessarily... I think it depends on when you bought your board. If you bought one recently or are planning on buying a new one them I'm sure it will, though.

Should one purchased today be ok? ;) I guess if not I'll have to bug them at frys to see if they can boot it up with one of theirs to flash it.

Eric

Back