• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difference between the two Newegg 9600PRO Sapphire cards?? & Samsung 273/310 memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaswyn

Difference between the two Newegg 9600PRO Sapphire cards?? & Samsung 223/310 memory?

Anyone know what's the differences between the two Newegg Sapphire 9600 PRO cards? Besides the fact one says OEM, and the other doesn't.

Reason is, I purchased the OEM version one for $126.00 because of the listed speed, but received one that's titled, "Atlantis." I compared the pictures on Newegg to mine, and the one they sent me appears to be the "retail" version they're selling for $126.50. It also comes with Samsung 223 (edited from 273) RAM parts... not the Samsung 310 I've seen elsewhere on the internet for other Sapphire 9600PROs.

Anyone else know what the 223 difference is from 310?

And no, I couldn't afford a 9800 Pro :(

TIA!

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9600PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -BULK

- Specifications -

Chipset/Core Speed: ATI RADEON 9600PRO/400MHz
Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/600MHz
BUS: AGP 4X/8X
Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub)+TV-Out(S-Video/Composite Out)+DVI Connector
Support 3D API: DirectX®9, OpenGL®2.0
Cable/Accessories: 1 Cable, PowerDVD, Driver CD
Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536@85Hz

Model#: RADEON 9600PRO 128
Item#: N82E16814102301

--- AND ---

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9600PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "ATLANTIS RADEON 9600PRO" -RETAIL

- Specifications -

Chipset: ATI RADEON 9600PRO
Memory: 128MB DDR
BUS: AGP 4X/8X
Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub)+TV-Out(S-Video Out/Composite Out)+DVI
Support 3D API: DirectX®9, OpenGL®2.0
Cable/Accessories: 1 Cable, PowerDVD, Driver CD
Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536@85Hz
Retail Box (See pics for details)

Model#: RADEON 9600PRO 128
Item#: N82E16814102291

Last edited:
I've also emailed newegg to see if they'll respond back to me with more information... I think they may have shipped me the wrong card.

slyfury said:
thats probably related to the 128bit 98oo thing... http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20040618_063138.html

I doubt it...that only applies to the 9800 Pros. It IS good, however, to see that Sapphire is gonna take care of their customers on that. Kudos to them.

I just got a pair of the 9600 Pro "Retail" box cards for a project I've been contracted to build. These have a 128 bit memory bus on them. Do the "OEM" cards have 128 or 256? *gonna be bummed if it's 256... :temper: *

The "Retail" parts mentioned here are also the "Lite" version....they come with just the driver disk, Sapphire utility/overclocking disk, and two adapters; DVI to VGA and the S-Video one. Oh...and a shiny case badge.

B.

EDIT...I haven't built both rigs, so one's handy to look at ATM. The ram (non-BGA, BTW) chips state:

SAMSUNG 401
K4D261638E-TC40
WYL176BA KOREA

This is 4ns Sammy, right?

Last edited:
the retail one should come in a sapphire retail box and any promo stuff like maby a free game or something, the bulk one will probably come in a bare brown or white box with just the driver cd

Mr B said:
I just got a pair of the 9600 Pro "Retail" box cards for a project I've been contracted to build. These have a 128 bit memory bus on them. Do the "OEM" cards have 128 or 256? *gonna be bummed if it's 256... :temper: *

The "Retail" parts mentioned here are also the "Lite" version....they come with just the driver disk, Sapphire utility/overclocking disk, and two adapters; DVI to VGA and the S-Video one. Oh...and a shiny case badge.

B.

EDIT...I haven't built both rigs, so one's handy to look at ATM. The ram (non-BGA, BTW) chips state:

SAMSUNG 401
K4D261638E-TC40
WYL176BA KOREA

Mr B, .... my "OEM version" came exactly with what you described. A retail box, with driver CD + overclocking CD + DVI to VGA connector and S-Video connector, and a shiny Sapphire case sticker....

So apparently, they sent me the "lite retail" version? Unless when they say "bulk" they just mean same thing, except no games, and no warranty. :confused:

But even then, their descriptions are not all that correct either. Both the OEM/Bulk version and "retail" version mentions "PowerDVD" but I don't see no PowerDVD CD anywhere.

Anyways, the only thing that made me believe they may be different is from the pictures on their website.

On a slightly different note, it came with 398.25 Core Clock & 297.00 MHz Memory Clock. I am only able to get it to 465.8 Core and 324 Memory, effective 648 MHz DDR without artifacts or VPU Recover kicking in. Haven't tested it out to see how much juice I can get though. And this is with me replacing their thermal paste with AS5.... stock cooling.

Dark Purity, I guess you get what you pay for :D

I'll edit my response and put a picture link of my card when I shut the system down and take it out.

Btw, newegg responded with a CUT & PASTE scripted response about how bulk/oem usually comes in brown/white boxes blah blah and how retail usually has warranty/accessories and how if you're a n00b & not a |33t PC person, you should just get retail lol... But they did send the items in 2 days :clap:

So kudos for them.

I emailed some guy who ran some benchmark tests on the Sapphire 9600PRO and other Sapphires, who was able to identify the memory... hopefully he'll respond.

=====================

EDIT: Pictures, and the memory are 223, not 273... I wasn't looking from a straight angle when I first posted this. Not sure if being 223 is a bad thing or not.

The memory chips state:

Samsung 223
K4D26323RA-GC2A

WFC127EA KOREA
=====================

THE WHOLE PACKAGE:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/picturesnstuff/9600ProKit.jpg

THE CARD:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/picturesnstuff/9600Pro.jpg

Mr B said:

SAMSUNG 401
K4D261638E-TC40
WYL176BA KOREA

You can check it out at:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/DRAM/index.htm

Last edited:
DarkPurity said:
I'm curious to see myself....I'm in the same boat. I'm about to buy one of them and can't decide which.

After reading the Sapphire boards on their site, it appears there's no difference. "Atlantis" is just a name they use for marketting purposes (branding). Both are Atlantis versions.

Just hope you get one with good default settings and samsung memory (400 Mhz core & 300 Mhz memory speed (600 Mhz effective DDR). Some people get the 250 Mhz memory speed version... sucks.

Back