• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Discrete GPU for an A4-3300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tikithorsen

As the title reads, I need to find a budget GPU that is compatible with the budget APU for some increased gaming performance.
I was thinking of the HD 6450.

¿Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I would get the HD6450 for hybrid crossfire on a lower budget.

If you can afford a higher card, you can run it solo and disable the integrated graphics.

What's your price range?

Well, the 6450 is almost 400$ of the local currency and even that is quite high (that will be pretty much the most expensive part of the system, to put things in perspective).
So I will say that the max budget.

How much is the GTX 660?

Also, do you have a website I can look at for prices for you?

That is way off "budget", he would have to also get an new PSU, which would be another 300$ or so for a semi-decent one.
A 660 here is from 2500$ to 3000$.

You could but they would be on spanish.

That is way off "budget", he would have to also get an new PSU, which would be another 300$ or so for a semi-decent one.
A 660 here is from 2500$ to 3000$.

You could but they would be on spanish.

Without knowing what he has already (full system specs), what the budget is, and where you're getting it from, we can't really help that much.

http://wancomputers.com.ar/
That's the largest PC store of my city. If you want to convert the currency, currently is 5.30$ Pesos for 1$ Dollar.

He had a pre-built HP system, the dodgy ECS motherboard died, so I got him the cheapest FM1 Asus board available (I'll edit this once I remember/ask the exact model). RAM is some Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB @ 1600MHZ (I know is too slow for an APU GPU's, but proper RAM was too expensive at the time, the price of those were like 200$) and the PSU is the generic one that came with the HP case.

Thanks for the replies.

You gave me the conversion rate, but not a budget to stay within

That's the problem, I know that they are around 400$ but the trick is to find a retailer that actually has one.

Because of hybrid crossfire, that's going to be the best performance for the money. Just work to find one.

I just talked to my friend and he told me that it's because he wants to play Battlefield 3... I just told him to drop the idea for now and save money for a proper upgrade.

Thanks the replies and suggestions.

Back