• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you really need a T-Line or Res?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lebe0024

What if you put your pump in your res and fill your system that way. Do it long enough to make sure all the bubbles are out, then put the hose on the inlet barb of your pump UNDER the water. No air- no need for an air trap, right?

This does work. I have mine in this setup right now, but you can still get air in the other parts of your system. I have my heater core mounted at the very top of my computer and when I've filled/charged my water cooling setup, I normally tilt the system around after I think all the bubbles are out. I always get a couple more air bubbles that were stuck in the heater core.

my system works fairly well and my res is not completely full. so the air is 'bled' out and since my pump is submerged, I never see any water problems.

I understand how a res works, brodo.

My point is WHY not make sure all the air is out of the radiator. Make sure there is no air, THEN slip the hose on.

The air particles in the water itself will also escape over time & form larger bubbles, so you will eventually have to bleed the system again.

A res or t-line isn't needed, but they can help.

i also for the time being do not have a T or res. i just tried to get all air out of core and block and slipped on fitting underwater as mentioned. no big bubbles (that i've noticed) after about a week or so. I want a T line though - would be easier

Emericana said:
t lines are real easy to make i really dont see any reason not to have one

no room? that was my problem, no convenient location, and I didn't really want to add more tubing than i had to just for a 'T'

but i will try to incorporate it when i make changes to my system

Back