• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the picture count as part of the description on ebay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandrock

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=150092818835&rd=1&rd=1

I won an auction for a cisco switch on ebay, just received it today. The description of the item was very short and simple. The picture clearly shows the rack mount hardware attached to the switch, however I did not receive these. Though it was not explicitly stated in the text description that the rack mount hardware came with the auction, it is in the picture. Personally, I consider the picture of the item part of the description. What is everyone's opinion about this?

The picture counts as the description unless the seller states that a certain peice of hardware in the picture is not included. Otherwise, everything in the picture should be yours. Just like advertisements that say *Phone not included, etc.

I'd definitely contact the seller and see if you can get the brackets. They ARE in the picture, and are even ATTACHED, so if I was purchasing, I would expect them to be there.

My guess is that they had several of these and just used a single pic to represent them all. But either way like I said, if I was buying I would expect the brackets. Send the seller an email and see if you can get them...if not, see if you can find them somewhere else. Then tell the seller how much they will cost you and see if he will refund for the amount that the brackets will cost you. Worth a shot.

Contacted the seller, they are going to send a pair of brackets free of charge. Thanks for the opinions everyone.

Back