• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has disovered the million dollar idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

Four words.. Computer Case Wine Racks. Me and a friend who knows how to weld has constructed a prototype and I have used it and now its up on ebay. Anyone think this might fill a niche? Lan parteriers who want a crafty way to show their alcohol? Or just someone who wants something a bit different? Id love to hear input on it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260812452835&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

It holds 8 bottles, and the motherboard plate was used as a back plate to keep the bottles from falling out the back.
The only sucky part is the cost to make them. I can always find junked out PC cases. I only need the skeleton really. But with shipping and handling after sell and cost of welding it all together its 40 bucks, thats before price of the case. So im thinking they need to sell for 120 before their worth selling.

i would have to see it.
but nobody is going to have a drunk banging into my case accidentally, trying to get a bottle of wine out. the bottles have a good weight, and would cause a good bump, sooo, you can add to the design some foam sleeves on the rails and in the back to reduce any shocks.
and dont forget to add the combo, case refrigeration wine cooler, plus, soda cooler, for the other audience :)

oh wait, your not going to have a motherboard IN the wine rack? what fun is that :)

Last edited:
i would have to see it.
but nobody is going to have a drunk banging into my case accidentally, trying to get a bottle of wine out. the bottles have a good weight, and would cause a good bump, sooo, you can add to the design some foam sleeves on the rails and in the back to reduce any shocks.
and dont forget to add the combo, case refrigeration and soda cooler, for the other audience :)

oh wait, your not going to have a motherboard IN the wine rack? what fun is that :)

LOL Well I figured if I cant make money building PCs ill try to make money off of making wine racks!

millions of PCs tossed out every year, you found a way to re-purpose part of it.
i wonder if the electonics recycling places , just scrap that part?
here in california there are locations that take in thousands of computers for free , to re-use some of it somehow? wonder if you could source cases that were going out as only scrap metals?

great way of recycling, if i was a potential buyer i would want it to be more recognizable as a pc case though, like a front bezel all intact etc, but in a way thatd look stupid, im not sure, id have to see it.

Well im in rural missouri.. And as I said costs of turning a case and shipping it to a costumer run about 40-45 bucks.. Thats without case price included. So id like to make 125 if I need to buy cheap cases. If I make 100 and can find free cases that would be cool too. I think I could get the guy to make micro ATX cases into racks that can support those smaller booze bottles (that tiny ones with like soco or whatever in it). But thats if this one sells for anything. If it goes well Ill just put them up for 10 day auctions with buy it now options for the price I want.

Well im in rural missouri.. And as I said costs of turning a case and shipping it to a costumer run about 40-45 bucks.. Thats without case price included. So id like to make 125 if I need to buy cheap cases. If I make 100 and can find free cases that would be cool too. I think I could get the guy to make micro ATX cases into racks that can support those smaller booze bottles (that tiny ones with like soco or whatever in it). But thats if this one sells for anything. If it goes well Ill just put them up for 10 day auctions with buy it now options for the price I want.

Should be careful with your auction though. There is no reserve with free shipping, if the auction ends for a few dollars, you might end up loosing money on the venture.

looks interesting. nifty idea reusing a computer case for a wine rack but i'm pretty sure the misses wouldn't let me keep that thing around anywhere. doesn't exactly look like the most beautiful wine rack i have ever seen :)

You might also consider adding more pictures... it's extremely hard to get a sense of the case from the one you posted on ebay.

Making them might cost $40+ each, but selling a step-by-step eBook on how to build your own for 99 cents would cost almost nothing. Don't know if it would sell either way though.

Back