• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this look right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyaford

I'm not sure how the graph is supposed to look, but shouldn't the 2 graphs for the CPU be identical? I noticed this when running Prime95 torture test. Hopefully I'm just stressing over nothing. :-/

primeCPUtest1.JPG

You're probably not running two instances of Prime 95.......with HyperThreading on, you have to create a copy of the program and run both at the same time. Here's what you do,

1) Right click on the Prime 95 folder and copy it.

2) Go somewhere else in Windows (my documents for example) and paste the copy in there.

3) Rename the Prime 95 copy to Prime 95-2 or something like that, cut and paste it back next to the original Prime 95 and you're done.

4) If you want it on your desktop, just go into each file, right click and a select create shortcut on desktop.

You have to run dual instances of Prime to fully test the overclock of a HT cpu..... sometimes your overclock is completely stable with one Prime running and fails within hours with dual Primes.

Hope this helps :)

the 2 cpu graphs will almost never be the same because they are handling different tasks, and yes, you have to run 2 prime's at once to fully test a processor with HT enabled

when you do run 2 torture tests you should see the bars on both of the grids be at the top and utilization should say 100% when you bring up your taskmanager.

hawtrawkr said:
when you do run 2 torture tests you should see the bars on both of the grids be at the top and utilization should say 100% when you bring up your taskmanager.

yup

:bang head

Thanks for the replies! After the first response, I was thinking, "I should've known that!"

Back