• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does XMS 3500 still have problems when running in pairs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

Cause a lot of people planning to use it for Dual DDR on their nForce 2's. I was wondering if Corsair's new batch of 3500 can run in pairs cause I remember Corsair reporting that there'd be memory controller problems the originals running in pairs. Did anyone ever have any problems doing that?

Thanks

Tipycol

I hope it doesn't... cuz I am getting a pair of 512's for Xmas... :(

Maybe someone can confirm this..

I can't find the link, but I know it was at Xbitlabs (and was even talked about at Corsair's message boards). They said something like the memory controller would have issues running XMS 3500 in pairs. They never said what the problem was, they just didn't recommend you run it in pairs. But I was just wondering if they fixed this, or if anyone is running XMS 3500 in pairs and not having any problems. Anyone even hear of the problem I talked about?

I asked at the Corsair forums... here's the answer I got:

Thank you for your support of our products,

The Issue with 2 sticks on any of the currant MB's is not the memory. The cause of the problem is the Chipsets do not support the faster speeds when using more than one module. or Over clocking with more than one stick of ram.

The NVidia chipset is designed to run 2 sticks
Each stick is on its own channel and any of the nforce chipsets do not suffer this problem as we know.
only Intel. VIA, SiS, and ALI on most chipsets.

So, looks like there isn't a problem. :) HTH.

Thanks for the info masitti, memory seems to be nothing but good news on the nForce 2's (though more bad news for my wallet). Still, the PCI locks seem to be a problem on some boards.

Tipycol said:
Thanks for the info masitti, memory seems to be nothing but good news on the nForce 2's (though more bad news for my wallet). Still, the PCI locks seem to be a problem on some boards.

Not a problem. I agree, $400 + motherboard is a deep hole in my pocket... but well worth it. :D

getting XP 2600+ 333fsb w/ EP-8RDA+ for $420 @ gameve.com
OUCH!, but w00t at the same time!:burn:

Hehe...that is a lot :)
But just think of it, in 4 months, that's how much you would need to spend just on a Geforce FX :eek:
But anyway, let us know how that board does. 200fsb is reported to be a gimme by that board, hopefully you will do a lot better ;)

Back