• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't let those motherboard thermister temps fool you!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AnonymousDude

Disabled
I did an adjustment to my watercooling today and got lower temperatures - BUT it is no longer stable at the old speed? Is this a case of those motherboard temperatures being wrong?

I think oc.com's method of reviewing heatsinks is great - but I'm stuck here not being able to do that - I wish I could!

Have no fear, the Palomino is coming with an in die thermistor. All who worship Socket 7 thermistors will eat crow, an I mean lots of it!:) It's going to be quite a party.

I've posted this a few times, but it never hurts to post it yet again. Most thermistors under the cpu are not positioned optimally. I've done this with every Socket A board and the thermistor reads within one degree of the embedded thermocouple in my heatsink, over the core. If the diagram is not self explanatory, let me know and I'll run through it.

Hoot

please elaborate, i think i kinda get the point, but i could be wrong. Thanks a bunch.

Back