• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't worry guys, MW2 has mouse support!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is ridiculous...I can't believe what they're doing to the PC gamers. Do they want all of the PC copies to remain on the shelves for eternity? This makes no sense...

I'm glad I never got into FPS on PC, or I would be highly ****ed off...

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?
Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

That is awesome! I would never expect a PC game have mouse control or chat. Game of the year material right there :bang head

Greetings!

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...are-2-Live-Chat-Session-Transcript/td-p/67692
pittboss: will the private multiplayer matches for the pc be run as a p2p connections or are they run via the IWnet?
Mackey-IW: IWNet matches players together based on several factors including ping and skill. After players are matched, the most suitable host is determined. That player hosts until they quit, at which time hosting responsibilities will normally migrate to another player without interrupting the match.
:bang head

Last edited:
It really is bad enough that PC gamers usually get stabbed in the back anyway. This is a backstab with a +2 Dagger of Life Stealing.

I think i might call and see if i can get my money back on the preorder.... if can't guess i will have a game that wont come out of the package.

You mean I won't have to buy a 360 controller to play it on my PC? Thank God!

You HAVE to be able to get your money back from a preorder since it hasn't even been released yet.

even more people are going to pirate this game now...seeing as multiplayer is a joke...the whole reason of buying a game is to obtain an official serial, to play on official servers.
now that there's no point playing on official servers, there's no point in buying the game.

You would only buy a game if it was required in order to play online??? Wow.

Let's talk more about how much crap fov 65 is. That kind of FOV on monitors literally makes people sick.

This whole situation is just pathetic. I don't think the PC market will gain any momentum with their complaints as the console versions will sell obscene quantities. I was waiting for the next big title to pull me back into the gaming realm (btw I only pc game), and I was sure that this was it until they released the news about no custom servers. I honestly don't think I can buy this game at this point which is really disappointing. I guess I'll take solace in CoD4 if I can ever get punkbunster to work with Windows 7.

This whole situation is just pathetic. I don't think the PC market will gain any momentum with their complaints as the console versions will sell obscene quantities. .

All of their CoD games were huge hits across EVERY platform. It's just silly they would risk reducing that with this franchise.

All of their CoD games were huge hits across EVERY platform. It's just silly they would risk reducing that with this franchise.

Not really, you make it seem as if the PC market is a large share of their revenue when it isn't. There are devs out there that helped make MW1 who have written articles on MW1 and how unhappy they were about the piracy statistics and how its minimized the PC market for them.

I think they are definitely taking a risk here but I disagree with it being silly on their part. They think that these measures will decrease piracy and thus increase legitimate sales, for all you and I know they could be right. I also think that it is a relatively small risk to take because who says that they don't patch the game to allow custom servers after they see this plan flop?

This whole situation is just pathetic. I don't think the PC market will gain any momentum with their complaints as the console versions will sell obscene quantities. I was waiting for the next big title to pull me back into the gaming realm (btw I only pc game), and I was sure that this was it until they released the news about no custom servers. I honestly don't think I can buy this game at this point which is really disappointing. I guess I'll take solace in CoD4 if I can ever get punkbunster to work with Windows 7.

Punkbuster has been working fine for the last few months. I had to manually update though, try that.

Punkbuster has been working fine for the last few months. I had to manually update though, try that.

There were some problems with windows 7 when the RC first came out. Those were resolved a month or two afterwards. As shard said, update your PB by going to www.evenbalance.com. That should fix any problems you are having.

I have gone through the manual update with pbsetup.exe and pbsvc.exe, I currently have an open support ticket with EvenBalance because nothing is working. They did not fix all of their issues with Windows 7 and until recently they didn't even support it.

Beginning of the end. AVP is following behind them (not that any of you care about AVP). But if two are going to do it i'm sure more will follow.

The only ones i think you can actually say are safe from consolizing the pc verisons are possibly valve and i guess battlefield series. Just have to see what the next year for pc gaming looks like.

PC gaming is going to die like hip hop.

It'll still exist in ten years, but we'll be dancing to "Superman"... Not Lodi Dodi...
And I mean the garbage Superman from Soldier Boy. Not the good Eminem one.

Back