• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom 3 Final version Patch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hhhhmmm .....does this change your game saves ; I would imagine not , but Iam too close to the end of D3 to loose my saves now .
("system restore" is your friend)

*EDIT*oopsy ...nm

Last edited:
stereo555 said:
Hhhhmmm .....does this change your game saves ; I would imagine not , but Iam too close to the end of D3 to loose my saves now .
("system restore" is your friend)

*EDIT*oopsy ...nm
back em up.

it didn't change mine tho.

Anyone had problems with this please let me know.

9mmCensor said:
back em up.

it didn't change mine tho.

Anyone had problems with this please let me know.

Backed'em up , but no need . No changes to my games saves were made with the patch . All is well so far :)

all i meant by that was the final version of the first patch.
They released a beta patch a while ago and now they have finished the beta and released the finish product.

Then why not comment about it in a different thread, rather than jack this thread?

They cleaned up some netcode w/ this patch is what I gather from reading the changelog. Not much for SP.

My post was not meant to jack this thread, but it's mere fact that the game is pure garbage, atleast for competitive gamers. Sure single player was sort of fun, not really, but if you look at the multiplayer format it's crap. Hell even the 1v1 is boring to play/watch. I don't see this game progressing tournament wise in the near future.

Still looks as if CS is still the best 1st person shooter tournament game out there.

Catalan, I think Oni's point is that there's no need to crap the game in a thread who's subject is information on the patch, not really anyone's love/hate for the game itself.
If you don't like the game, that's fine, but there's no need to justify your dislike for it in anything other than a "How did you like Doom3" thread.
But of course with my system specs, you could probably tell I haven't even played the game yet at all, so I'll be quiet now and continue browsing the forums for information :)

Grov said:
What do you expect a patch to do, totally re-invent the game?

I expect the patch to make the game better, they still haven't really fixed much nor improved the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Look at patches with steam more specific CS they add things such as different maps/guns/etc, change things such as crosshair size adjustments/brightness on maps/etc, adjust hit boxes, and so forth. This is what a patch is suppose to do. Eventhough people disagree with patches with CS as they do with Doom3, but CS revolves more around the community that plays the game. For instance in the competive scene one of the top named players as well as others complained that the money system was screwed up and hasn't been changed since tornaments were using hostage maps. Steam then took it upon themselves to change this in the next patch. If you ask me that re-invented the multiplayer aspect of CS as too many top tier teams were abusing this flaw in the game.

You also have to keep in mind that this is the first patch for the game. They're mainly working on getting the bugs out, not re-inventing the MP aspect of the game.

Also, the MP of Doom III was pretty much left up to the community at large to work with. If the MP experience isn't to your liking, I'm sure there's a mod or two out there that can appease you.

Also, CS has been around longer than Doom III, and therefore not only has a larger community, but has had more patches to fix things that need fixing. CS is also an MP only game. If Doom III had been MP only, we'd be seeing the same kind of patches and fixes that you see in CS.

I'm happy that they're at least attempting to fix aspects of the code and game that need addressing. Give them time. They'll get to everything :)

Back