• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dragon Age Origins Endings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dribblesnort

Since there are like 27 different permutations of the ending available, I thought I'd post mine to see where it differed from other peoples'.

Player Character (PC) was a Human Female Noble Rogue

My ending:

Alistair is made king.
Logain is dead (Alistair executed him at the Landsmeet) and his daughter is locked up in a tower somewhere.
PC survived the final battle by making the deal with Morigan.
Harrowmont leads the dwarves into isolationism, and Magda the dwarven mage sets up a Circle of the Mages in dwarfland. They tried rebuilding the anvil of the void...tried being the operative word. It didn't work out all that well for them...

PC spurned Alistair's advances to concentrate on gettin' some girl-on-girly lovin' with Leliena who, at the end, took a job watching over the Urn of Andraste.

Alistair made an excellent King and was very popular. Oghren drank a lot. The dog? Who the hell knows...Maybe it got hit by a cart or something...

The elves fared well too. The circle of Mages was rebuilt. Arl Eamond took a post as advisor to Alistair (as did wynn) and Eamon abdicated his kingdom so his brother could lead since he(Eamon) was now Alistair's advisor, and his brother did a bang up job, evidently.

Never heard of shale in the game, I never got Sten out of the cage he was in so it is assumed that he died when Lothering was destroyed. Zevran is dead. PC executed his elven ***. (No one tries to kill me and gets away with it alive. Just ask Howe)

All in all, it was one of the most satisfying games I have ever played. FF VII, Fallout3, Diablo II, and this one are definitely 4 of my Top 5 all time favorites

SPOILERS ALERT SPOILERS ALERT SPOILERS ALERT SPOILERS ALERT SPOILERS ALERT SPOILERS ALERT SPOILERS ALERT SPOILERS ALERT

Would appreciate it if a Mod could make the text below the same color as the background so that you cannot see it unless it is highlighted. (oh...and point me to a post on how to accomplish that so I don't have to report my own posts in the future, lol.)

Last few fights impressions & strat I used

GROUP: Elissa(PC), Leliena, Allister, and Wynn. I'd have taken Morigan, but she's preggys and was all hormonal so I didn't want to listen to her bitching about how Alistair is afraid to commit and stuff like that.

Advice for battles leading to Fort Drakon...They can be almost as tough as the dragon fight...

Market Center in Denerim can be done with no assistance if you have a summoned pet. Station your people appropriately with PLENTY of ranged ammo and send the pet to lure in victims. Most come in singles, sometimes pairs if you did it right. It's easy in the Market square area

The area rght before Drakon is full of archers and casters. That can be tough as they light you up as soon as it starts and you do not have the wolf and bear to run interference. Since Morigan wasn't there to perform crowd control, you should bring the elves! They pretty much light up the darkspawn archers and casters. Advance slowly, lure in darkspawn and kill them at range if you can.

Be sure to make plenty of grenades! There are parts of this area where you get 2 shrieks, 2 Emmissaries, 2 Genlock Alphas and 2 Hurlock Alphas, as well as several normal troops all rushing you at once. Heroic Defence on Alistair, who taunts like a summbich, and let the elves kill them while you heal him. Use the rogues (with haste from Wynn) to take care of the shrieks and alphas

If you have 2 rogues, it's easier since each of you can throw grenades at the same time. you can basically pwn the darkspawn with them.

LAST FIGHT (DRAGON/ARCHDEMON)

It started off badly. Alistair went down like a hooker outside a Navy Base on payday, but as I was mousing around controlling things, I hovered over one of the ballistas for a second and thought, "hmm...what's this?". then I paused and pressed Tab and, sure enough...there were a few more of those ballistas. I summoned a wolf and a bear. (Playing a Rogue and getting those Ranger abilities for PC and Leliena is pretty smart since it gives you 2 more members of your group)

I had the bear and wolf popping off Ballista shots (and repairing the ballistas when they jammed...damn smart animals!) while Alistair, Elissa(PC), and Leliena ranged the dragon and took on several waves of darkspawn.

There was one of the generals present at the fight with the dragon, however, the he was standing on the other side of one of the ballistas and NEVER MOVED the entire fight!

Wynn stood on one of the ramparts by a ballista that the wolf was firing and, because the AI in the game at that point is stupid as an ox, all his shots were blocked by the ballista as he was trying to hit the wolf (it was closest)

Wynn plinked and plunked spells at him and threw an occasional group heal. I was worried he'd charge or move but forgot about him after a bit as the battle progressed and, as it turns out, she took him out by herself, lol.

Last edited:
Back