• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dropbox Referrals

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you were actually able to get 768MB the other day, did they take out the fb option?

if you have access to an .edu email address, you can double all your referral storrage, go here

https://www.dropbox.com/edu

unfortunately my school seems to have purged my email address :(

Im loving dropbox, its rendered my usb drive useless, so far im at 3.1gb of free space :)

Mine still has a few referrals left, thanks to any one who uses it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleaned up 2 duplicate postings of referral codes - only one code posting per member please. Can't have everyone in this thread reposting their codes.

get an extra 5GB of space

dl the beta client from here http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=53104&replies=867

ul 5gb of pics/videos to your dropbox and get 5gb of storage added to your dropbox

During this beta period, we are also offering additional free space to test automatic uploading of photos and videos. For every 500MB of photos and videos automatically uploaded, you'll receive another 500MB space bonus, up to 5GB total.

Kinda hard to maintain and no guarantee users would spread the wealth more that way than the current way, otherwise not a bad idea. Anyways, removed my own code from the first post. :)

Kinda hard to maintain and no guarantee users would spread the wealth more that way than the current way, otherwise not a bad idea. Anyways, removed my own code from the first post. :)
Did either of you get the 5GB photo thing to work? I've already uploaded 1GB of photos/videos and I'm still sitting at the same amount I was.

I didn't find it very clear in the manner in which we are to upload the photos, so I just put them in my gallery. I'm not getting credit for it so far, so I didn't know if I was just doing it wrong or something of that nature.

Did either of you get the 5GB photo thing to work? I've already uploaded 1GB of photos/videos and I'm still sitting at the same amount I was.

I didn't find it very clear in the manner in which we are to upload the photos, so I just put them in my gallery. I'm not getting credit for it so far, so I didn't know if I was just doing it wrong or something of that nature.

I got mine working I'm at 7.8gb free now

The way it works is when you insert Camera/USB stick etc and autoplay comes up you see a option to import into dropbox. You dont just copy it in. I did video's when I ran out of pictures :)

Yup. That did it.
I just copied 5GB of video files to the DCIM folder of my phone, plugged it up, did the auto-play Dropbox import, and it's well on it's way. Worked perfectly.

13.5GB, seems like there is still a bug where you don't get the last 500MB.

Back