• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ducky Keyboard Availability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tachi1247

I've decided I want a Ducky One with brown switches and the blue & grey PBT keycaps, but the problem is it seems actually getting my hands on one is next to impossible. Mechanicalkeyboards.com seems like they are the largest retailer for Ducky here in the U.S. but even their stock is very limited. For example, the keyboard I want is not in stock and has no anticipated date of when they will have any for sale, but they can say it won't be sooner than November! Are these really such niche products that nobody sells them? I found a third party retailer on newegg, but other than that there doesn't seem to be any retailers to buy from here in the U.S.

I may even settle for the One model with the all blue keycaps, but the only one I can find has a white case and I really don't want that. I'm tempted to just buy a couple of different ducky models to "make" the one I want, but it seems stupid as I really don't want to spend all that cash as I don't think I'll get a very good price when I go to sell the "leftover" parts / keyboard.

You're just looking for an incredibly uncommon combination...

I didn't really think it was all that uncommon. Brown switches are certainly one of the 3 most popular, possibly the most popular and Ducky's pbt keycaps are also well regarded. If you want pbt keycaps you only have a choice of all blue, blue/grey, or black/orange. Even the shine 5 which I have to assume is their most popular model has been out of stock for the last 2 months or so in brown, blue and red switches.

Is there some other retailer that I'm not finding that has a good supply of keyboards?

I didn't say mechanical keyboards or MX Browns were uncommon, just your chosen combination was uncommon.
Best overall site I've found though is mechanicalkeyboards.com, but you'll just have to keep searching.

Ducky isn't the easiest brand to find. They're popular, but not a huge production number.

Back