• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 800@1016mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaiser

Registered
Hi guyz!

I've got my duron running at 1016mhz...9.5@107, at 1.85v, on the Asus A7V KT133 mobo. The idle Temp at 47c(crappy chrome orb). It seems to be pretty stable at these settings. Any ideas as to bring the temp down (other than a better hsf)? Should i change some of the settings or leave it as is? I know the KT133 is limited as to the fsb speed. I have 2 fans mounted in a plexi-glass siding(which i did...rather than cutting the original siding of the case.

Duron 800@[email protected]
Asus A7V KT133 mobo rev 1.02
Bios ver. 1007
256mb Infineon ram PC133/Cas3
Hercules 3D Prophet ll geforce2
SB PCI 128
30gb WD hd ATA100

Artic Silver would be a good investment. That should bring your temperatures down about 5 C. You can also try lapping it. If it's anything like a GORB, it won't have a very flat surface. This will probably bring it down a couple more degrees if you do it very well. You can also consider upgrading the fan to a higher rated one. The Delta Black Label is good, but it's loud. If I'm not mistaken, the Chrome orb uses a thermal pad, right? If it does, scrape it off and use thermal paste

ok..i kinda figured that. I am using just a thermol paste right now. I definately will be getting a better hsf. What exactly is "lapping"?

Some heatsinks are not flat and lapping refers to using wet and dry paper to make the contact surface flat, a large majority of people seem to eventually polish the contact area with an exceptionally fine wet and dry paper using atric silver as a lubricant. There is information about lapping in the guides found on the front of overclockers.com

ditch the CORB- lapp - use artic silver 2- use a duct over the CPU and HS with a 120 sucking out of the case- do a WPCREDIT of the register and drop 10c off the temp

Back