• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e6300 @ 2.94Ghz Feeling Extremely Sluggish

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Honestly your memory isn't going to affect the speed at which you open programs, you could have the fastest set of D9 DDR3 sticks running at DDR3-2000 but if you are coupled with a fragmented and slow hard drive you'll feel like you have stepped back into the stoneage. I'd highly suggest doing a disk cleanup, disk defrag, and then seeing if you have any processes in the background. If you are running Vista it might be indexing your drive which I found really killed performance while it was sifting through the hard drive. In regards to your ram timings themselves, I'd say you are doing fine, I myself am running my 2x1GB D9GMH sticks at DDR2-940 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v and never have a problem with "sluggish" performance. Hell back in the day when we barely had DDR-333 we had nice and snappy OSes.

edit: looks like you posted before I finished, all those processes look rather standard for a Windows install and you ram timings won't make a difference. Compare 32M SPi times between DDR2-1066 4-4-4-12 and DDR2-667 4-4-4-12 and you'll get a shock ;) Try a defrag or check out HDTach to see if you are getting crappy transfer rates?

BLOOP could u run sisoft and tell me your memory readings? You have 5more mhz on your FSB and are at 1060 instead of 1050 like me. Please post up your numbers so I can compare. Im running tighter timings than you also.

How can memory bandwidth not affect the speed of programs opening and closing..
The fsb is what is transmitting the signal from the cpu to the hd and vice a versa. Therefore if it is being limited to half of its potential it is definitely aiding to the sluggishness.

Here ya go:

5-5-5-15 4:5 | 1060 | 2.25v : 7531/7539

Your HD performance are kinda low. You should really consider reformatting or atleast cleaning up your drive. Do a Disk Cleanup, Defrag, and use ccleaner to delete other things.

Last edited:
kk, I guess im wrong and am just bugging out about my mem scores cause theyre kinda near yours. What the F__K is wrong with my hdd?! :[

These arent no raptors, theyre poodles.

HDTach it self is not a very accurate to tell the "overall" drive's performance, although I admit that is abit slow.

Try run PCMark bench and post your ORB link here !

kk, will do

I also didnt add that the DAY i had to go wireless and put it in my computer feels slower, and web pages load pretty damn slow, even though im getting 1.6/1.7MB/s transfer rates from speed tests.

Anyone else feel like their computer got slower after they went wireless?

kk, will do

I also didnt add that the DAY i had to go wireless and put it in my computer feels slower, and web pages load pretty damn slow, even though im getting 1.6/1.7MB/s transfer rates from speed tests.

Anyone else feel like their computer got slower after they went wireless?

i have many computers running wireless nic's. they feel the same when surfing and downloading. only a few online games feel a tad difference due to the encoder/decoders of wireless. if i would i would still be running at 100mbits to the router.

Back