• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6600 Conroe temp limits?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TBTS

e6600 conroe o.c.'d to 333 (FSB 1333, core 3.0 GHz) giving FSB:DRAM 1:1, core v 1.288V

nice

Core Temp 0.99.5 readings:

on continuous 100% loading of both cores for over 5 minutes max temp: 75C and 70C.

normal usage throughout day peaks at 59-61C and coasts at about 52C.

Anybody please comment on these temps. Am I breaking the CPU or is this going to be no problem. Especially anyone with conroe (65nm core 2 duo) experience please let me know if I'm headed for trouble.

thanks...

what kind of cooling are you using on this? I think for the older processors the 70s start to become the thresholds for thermal breakdown..

Obviously wait for others to chime in, but I think your idles/normal use temps are fine.. i'd watch the full load temps, though you should rarely see those w/o doing something like folding etc

hey: cooling is intel box cpu fan only.
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe mb

that's already kind of high.
it'd be beneficial to your CPU and overclocking potential if you purchase a good heatsink.
i still have an e6400 myself and the max temp you should be using is 60-65c. anything more and i'd back off.
either try lowering the voltage, or you'll have to purchase a new heatsink to bring the temps down :thup:

if you're on a budget, something like the Xigmatek coolers are good, or you can pop over to the cooling section and start a thread. :beer:

hey richard, thanks...
I been on it all day today and have a max read of 58C and it has been cruising at about 50C.
I just ordered an Arctic Freezer xtreme Rev 2.0 - see if that makes a diff.
It is nice to be sitting so comfortably on 3.0GHz especially with 1:1 on FSB DRAM

Once the cooling tower arives I will check the temps again on max loading and then maybe try for 3.6GHz.

Can you tell the FSB DRAM you have on that rig and are you stable at 3.4? With what cooling?

installed the new cooling tower:
ran Prime 95 Real Temp 3.4 max temp 49C.

that's a 30C difference to the stock fan!

at normal loads it is running under 30C.

I think maybe I can push it up a notch.

@ 333 I have 1:1 with dram...

anybody know if 370 or 400 will bring performance boosts even though I will lose 1:1? how important is this dram ratio?

Back