• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eheim 1250 fitting question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DodgeViper

Spent the better part of an hour at Home Depot tonight trying to figure out how to combat my problem. On the Eheim 1250 pump the suction inlet does not appear to be a NPT thread. I need to put a 90 degree fitting on the suction side. Does anybody now if a 90 degree fitting is available from Eheim?. Eheim use’s an o-ring to seal their fittings.

Crappy, On the 1250 the suction inlet come's with a barb that threads into the suction side. Now this barb also has threads on the outside. I guess you can cut the barb off and thread a 90 degree fitting on. My concern is making sure it seals. If it is not a tappered thread it is not going to seal. This is why they used o-rings on the inside of their barbs.

You can cut the barb off and thread it on there. I have used teflon tape to seal the threads and it works fine, no leaks.

I used a 3/4"x1 1/2" brass nipple with elbow to a 1/2" barbed fitting. All sealed teflon tape.

Hah! You would not believe the trouble I’ve been through trying to get my pump, heater core and res hooked up. I spent hours at Lowe’s AND Home Depot searching for the right parts and neither of them had what I was looking for. I finally had to get a bunch of parts and mod them. :p I spent the better part of Tuesday drilling and cutting and putting my (thing) together. I’ve been working on my res tonight. I can’t wait ‘till I get it done. :D

Back