• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enough power Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

taylor2

Registered
Ok so im going to have a 660 ti and a i53570k and have a OCZ ZT 550w with a bronze 80 plus rating
heres the link to the power supply -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341050

i know ill have enough power just for an initial setup but will i need a better power supply if i over clock the i53570k to around 4 - 4.5?

that's more than enough man! and yes you need more than 550w if you're gonna overclock to 4.5ghz and i highly doubt you're gonna leave your gpu at stock, you're gonna overclock that soon enough... all im saying is you need some headroom if you are gonna overclock...

660 Ti can't draw more than 173w or so, it actively tracks its power consumption and downclocks/undervolts to stay in it. It does that to stay under 150w normally, if you crank the boost % slider all the way over to +15% you increase that number to ~173w.
That's really the only OCing you can do.

A IB at 4.5GHz might draw 120w on a bad day. That's 300w, the rest of the system might eat 100w if you have a ton of fans and HDDs.

A 550w will be fine, even OCing.

660 Ti can't draw more than 173w or so, it actively tracks its power consumption and downclocks/undervolts to stay in it. It does that to stay under 150w normally, if you crank the boost % slider all the way over to +15% you increase that number to ~173w.
That's really the only OCing you can do.

A IB at 4.5GHz might draw 120w on a bad day. That's 300w, the rest of the system might eat 100w if you have a ton of fans and HDDs.

A 550w will be fine, even OCing.

this is correct i agree..... well for me i just wanna have some headroom so that i can breath easy... :thup:

Back