• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everybody read this ; last informal warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
stan03 said:

half the people don't notice/read stickys:(

also bump:)

i like reading the stickys. they're very helpful especially the guides. anyhow, i agree. there should be no tolerance for that kind of vulgar or instigative type of dialogue.

ttt

BUMP

It's only been 30 minutes since the last post, but I don't think the bumping of this thread can get too frequent given the recent nature of this forum.

Great thread Paul, Thank you.

LOL, I love this thread. I dont visit the video/sound section of the forums nearly as much as I used to because it seems to have turned into a place to either start or jump into an argument. It is not the informative place that it used to be. Dont get me wrong, there is still plenty of information to be had here, but you have to do an awful lot of weeding to get to it. Bump for the thread, its one of the best that I have read on this section in quite awhile. ;)

I didn't realize some of the problems in here until some examples were brought to my attention. Paul, great thread.

I just want to bump it, and remind people to read the rules and abide by them.

Oh, and I'll be sure to prowl around here upon each visit to help keep things clean. So reread the rules twice if you have too... :)

I'm glad to see this thread appear. People trying to calm things by example hasn't seemed to work so well lately, and the types of threads commonly seen here as of late the past few months goes so far as to bring the rest of the forum to a lower level. It pushes people away when they see the type of things happening here.

Flaming never solves anything. It can only go to hurt people, and the poster's reputation, if any. Let us return this forum to the standards shown in other sections of this place.

Bump-zilla!

Remember, this is a G-Rated forum. If you wouldn't tell your mom how the R420 (or NV40) is going to pwnz0rs with the language you use, tone it back :)

Also remember that everybody here is human. We're all subject to errors, bias, and misinterpretation. Attack the issue (preferably with links to back yourself up), not the person who got the issue "wrong".

JigPu

This thread should be renamed Nvidia Exec cheated on college final exam or Ti4200 voted worst video card ever.

Then you would get some hits :p.

i havent seen to much foul language but if i see it ill remind them, and i agree, sometimes people should review the rules every now and then.

funnyperson1 said:
This thread should be renamed Nvidia Exec cheated on college final exam or Ti4200 voted worst video card ever.

Ha ha. you would get a lot of hits from scandalous readers ;)
It will be nice to see these parts conducted a little more civily. I know i come here for the knowllege base of this forum. people bickering and flaming all over the place kind of works against the delivery of that knowllege.

I want the guts, not the passionate opinions :)

so yea. BUMP!

funnyperson1 said:

LOL and i am sure thread would be the fastest thread on this forum than :p

*BUMP for a good cause*

This thread made it to the third page when I did a search for all new posts this morning- time to move it back up. :)

One of the things I have always liked the MOST about these forums is the fact that while disagreements happen often, people can usually "agree to disagree" even if they can't find conclusive proof on a given topic.

Flaming and personal attacks are NOT the conclusive proof that changes peoples minds. ;)

You see how it works?

But I would have to say that I read a post here the other day and I was shocked at the behaviour of one of the members and I'm glad this has been brought up.

We have alot of newcomers here recently and if they see that kind of behaviour or language from long term memebers then we can't really complain when they start mimicking.

The reason why I and alot of others come her is because of the house rules... I like not having to read through pages of profanity just to get an idea of the problem or situation why do alot of you feel the urge to swear? You can get your point across equally well without them.

macklin01 said:
[color=00ee33]
I have been lenient in the past few weeks.

I am no longer going to be lenient.[/color]
BUMP from the man who hasn't been lenient, won't be lenient, and is now going to rain on as many video-swear-attack-fest parades as he already rains on cooling-swear-attack-fest parades.

Back