• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everybody read this ; last informal warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bump!!!

The easiest way to solve the problem with the current "heated" debates in this part of the forum is to tell nvidia and ati to start making identical cards with the same specs...
Hmmm... People would then start to argue about which company has the best logo or something like that.

eobard said:

Which is completely against the point. The point is to let people know the rules will be strictly enforced. Spamming, which is against the rules, contradicts this. The only reason it's being bumped is to let all those who don't read the stickies regularly see it.

yep...bumping is kinda the same as spamming....moving a thread rapidly to the top or flooding useless info into a thread and/or multiple threads. That is how I define it.

Does it matter what my post does in an already pretty much useless thread?

useless in terms of many of the posts(not the origional), some are pretty good, most are bumps and contribute nothing at all except for the bumping of the thread. What does it matter whether I post

or
bump blah blah balh blah blah blah

I am not arguing here, just stating my opinion. I have nothing more to add, and there is no nead to turn this thread into anything else other than its origional topic or the bumps so I have said what I have to say.

EDIT: now that I think of it, I guess you are right, it was an attempt at some slight humor oh how I sometimes ramble on and on and some of the simplest things. Oh well. I cannot fix the past, but now I know. Thanks for your opinion.

Cheers!
-0cer
:cool:

Last edited:
I'm going to toss another BUMP into this thread.

rogerdugans said:
My last formal BUMP in this thread. :)
730 views and climbing.

But that doesn't mean 730 differient views. :( I know i've looked at this thread at least 5-6 times and I know others have done the same. So that 730 is probably more like 490

At what point do you think this thread turned in to spam? Ironic, dont you think, considering this thread was originally intended to get people follow the rules?

Well, the people who have not read this thread will sooner or later experience macklin01's wrath...
"apocalyptic scenes passes before my eyes" :)

second BUMP!
(macklin01, please tell us when to stop bumping the thread)

Hmm, I think everybody's given it a good look by now ... so we'll give it until midnight tonight, Pacific time. ;) -- Paul

macklin01 said:
Hmm, I think everybody's given it a good look by now ... so we'll give it until midnight tonight, Pacific time. ;) -- Paul

Good Idea. I personnally have not noticed any flames or un-apropriet rule breaking things in this section at all. Not just this section, the whole forum actually.

Also, a nice big THANK YOU!!!! to all who are now or always have been following the rules.

Cheers, and play nice!
-0cer
:cool:

The idea of bumping is to move it up in the forum, to make it more visable. Bumping it only 8 minutes after the previous one isn't really making it that much more visible, especially if the post has not imput other than bumping the thread.
(read: that practically equates to spam)
Just my opinion though.

9mmCensor said:
The idea of bumping is to move it up in the forum, to make it more visable. Bumping it only 8 minutes after the previous one isn't really making it that much more visible, especially if the post has not imput other than bumping the thread.
(read: that practically equates to spam)
Just my opinion though.

im going to have to agree... and its been about 3 hours :D

Judging by a post I just read in this section, it would seem that some people still haven't gotten the point of this thread. There are still those who haven't read this that need to.

Ill bump it,

But just to get this clear, It seems that if you disagree with a post and do it in a nice manner you still Get a warning or something to that effect. Is it alright to dissagree, or do we have to wear blinders and Blindly agree with a post? No matter how false or missleading it may be?

I just dont want to get banned for something i Dont intentionally intend to do. Ive been afraid to even say hi since a couple weeks ago.

good read though.

Harry

No, if you're polite, you likely won't get a warning. If you respond with "you don't belong here, you're being a jerk, ...," it's another story. One's a case of politely stating your opinion and preferably linking to relevant policies, and is respectful. The other is an act of escalation, even if well-intentioned. -- Paul

Thanks. And please let me add that polite, respectful help is not only tolerated, but greatly appreciated! Some good examples of this sort of behavior can often been seen in the posts by the seniors.

Take care. -- Paul

Back