• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everybody read this ; last informal warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMOG said:
Judging by a post I just read in this section, it would seem that some people still haven't gotten the point of this thread. There are still those who haven't read this that need to.

Agreed, the fact that we even need a thread like this one floating around is a little bit sad really.

Can't we all just get along? :D *Hugs monitor*

Just looking at a few of the new threads, it looks considerably better already to me. The test will be long term though, esp. when the new ATI cards come out.

I was just thinking there could be some lively discussions in the next week if the cards show. Not a bad thing. That's all I meant.

macklin01 said:
Please feel free to report such posts when you see them. ;) -- Paul

Your in the on deck circle Paul, Eobard was the lead-off. ;) You'll get your at bat though, slugger.

I hope Thats a general statement LOL Because Not all ATI fans are Bad.

Harry

Release time of a new video card is invariably a time of higher tension around the video forum, when all the fanboys come out to frolic - that is all he meant. I know that Voodoo Rufus meant this regardless of creed or denomination. ;) (it wasn't a statement about ATI or Nvidia)

I think it was a good idea to restate the rules that are already in place because obviously people have not been following them.

On a similar note, is it just me being old fashioned or whatever but does it seem like some avatars aren't very wholesome. What I mean is, I was on another forum a while ago and there were some scantily clad avatars that don't fit the G Rating.

LOL Mines fine, She is a race car driver and fully clothed. And its not see through. Its a formal dress.

Harry

I'll get in here.

I agree with the post and haven't posted much because of it. I just don't care to read through all the complaining and bashing people are doing.

After re-reading this thread once or twice, and then forum surfing.. It's all about passion.. I'm in the customer service world, and learning decorum with an obtuse customer who is obviously wrong (at least in my eyes) is critical to my companies success. The same applies here.. we all have opinions, I like AMD CPU's, you may not. We can have a lively adult exchange of opinions, within forum guidlines, and still get our feelings known. But sometimes I can see people getting passionate about it.. or at least mad.. but we all have to remember what they say about opinions...

I think this is a perfect time for this thread because there were at least three threads that got way outta hand in the last 2 weeks.

The more people that see this the better!

I know I learned alot about what not to say.

I just saw this thread because of all the bumpage going on and I must say that I am very surprised.

First of all, I have to say that I haven't been visiting this forum frequently lately so I probably don't know some things that most of you do. Every time I visit however, I always run into very friendly, helpful and humorous people. I love this forum (it's my favorite forum) mostly because I like the people hanging around here. Now, I am not a member of too many forums but I have been around a few and my opinion is that we have the nicest and the politest people around here.

This thread as a result comes to me as a big surprise. I can assure you that I am against flaming and flame-baiting as much as you guys but I didn't think that there was much of this going on around here.

We always have a whole bunch of X company vs. Y company discussions here (*sigh* yeah, I know it's almost always nVidia vs. ATI around here and this is really getting old and boring as it goes on and even the old timers and passionate people started to drop out of threads that head in that direction) but while these arguments usually result in people agreeing to disagree (or sometimes people just disagreeing on everything period), I rarely run into threads that turn into pure flame fests.

Every once in a while, someone will get frustrated trying to get his point across and use a swear word or two but these words are rarely (if ever) directed at a person posting in that thread.

I don't know. I am sure you guys have a point here otherwise I think you wouldn't spend all this effort bumping up this thread but I just wanted to put in my 2 cents as well and say that I love this forum and I think that it is better than most forums (if not all) that I have run into, at least in terms of being friendly and helpful.

Flaming usually isn't the only problem with forums either. There are some forums on the web where most members consider themselves elite and therefore above the rest and either humiliate newcomers to try to prove their superiority or just make fun of them for their amusement. In these kind of environments, flaming would usually be a blessing if it came with some help because the members that consider themselves elite provide no help at all.

Fortunately, I have not seen any kind of this behaviour I talked above here but then again, I have not run into many threads here that turn into flame fests period. :)

well the debate between ATi and nVidia is so heated because basically the two companies are on par with each other for this next round. ATi has a very fast card coming out, and nVidia has impressed many people with its feature enriched top card as well. both of these companies have been on top, and now its for the most part going to be a decision based upon budget. nonetheless, GREAT for smart consumers. great for fanboys too i guess cuz you cant really go wrong this round.

kinda rambling, but when two companies like this are very close, fanboys get angry and find more ways to argue their company is better since its not as clear.

its different than the Intel versus AMD dispute, because intel users are happy with the higher speeds for multitask, editing, and gaming, and AMD users are happy for value, efficiency, and gaming.

Let me be clear on something: There is no validating that will be accepted. In otherwords, there is no "Well I dumped all over product X and those who use/prefer it but it's acceptable because..." When that gets said, I stop reading at "Well I dumped all over product X and those who use/prefer it" and then the person who posted it gets warned or banned.

IMOG said:
Intel isn't faster for gaming and editting though... I might give them multitasking though, due to HT.

I thought Intels were better for anything that requires complex algorithms

Back